News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Of course your mother has a medical marijuana.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 07, 2012, 08:54:26 AM
Of course your mother has a medical marijuana.

MA just passed it silly. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I rather liked this tweet from an Egyptian activist:

Mona Eltahawy @monaeltahawy    6h

"I look forward to the day when women, the youth and minorities deliver a defeat to religious conservatives in #Egypt too #Election2012"
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Strix

OBAMA!!  :nelson:

I told you it was in the bag.  :secret:

Prince of Darkness coming to a theater near you in the Fall of 2016!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2012, 09:23:48 AM

"I look forward to the day when women, the youth and minorities deliver a defeat to religious conservatives in #Egypt too #Election2012"

Did she manage to get out a follow-up tweet before her execution?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2012, 09:29:25 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2012, 09:23:48 AM

Did she manage to get out a follow-up tweet before her execution?

Just a re-tweet from a good journalist.

But it's interesting to see the Muslim Brotherhood in their domestic political role; they're a deeply conservative movement, I bet they'd have a lot more common ground with the tea baggers than many would assume.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Man, I made a mistake watching CNNi. Johhny Foriegner is unbearable this morning. Ugh.

I hate furrigners.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I love how some disenfranchise Republicans are taking to twitter to yell that they are moving here, to Canada.

Especially those that threaten to do it because of Obamacare. Do you guys not know we have Universal Healthcare?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Kleves

You know, I'd feel a lot better about this election if the Republicans had taken back the Senate and the Democrats had taken back the House (though sans Pelosi). I think that would be a much better arrangement. Oh well.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Grallon

Just a quick note to congratulate America for resisting the urge to fall to the Dark Side(TM).  :thumbsup:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Oh and (newly elected) Senator Elizabeth Warren for President in 2016!  :wub:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Kleves on November 07, 2012, 10:23:28 AM
and the Democrats had taken back the House (though sans Pelosi).

She may very well hang up her gavel, so there may be some hope for everybody yet.

Caliga

*checks* my portfolio this morning :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Yi sighting! :w00t: Welcome back! 

Oh, and I want my money.  :menace: