News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2012, 12:33:26 AM
Obama just pulled ahead slightly in the popular vote.

I've been laughing as that seems to be the straw Fox News were clutching at.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

I'm re-posting this here, because this is where the action is.

So marijuana legalization passed in Washington, and it looks like we're going to elect a mouth-breathing Democrat governor over a Republican who got the endorsement of every newspaper in the state. An initiative requiring a 2/3 vote in the legislature to raise taxes will also pass.  :rolleyes:

On the upside, we're going to legalize gay marriage.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

mongers

Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2012, 12:35:51 AM

Heh, maybe Trump is at this very moment turning around his minutemen on the New Jersey turnpike*.

* i have no idea if this road exists and if it does, if it's anywhere near DC. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2012, 12:35:51 AM

Their new line is he's been a 'small' President for the last two years and that'll continue.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Karl Rove is now saying a President needs to be 'first' to compromise and make sure they're very careful with their language :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2012, 12:43:36 AM
Karl Rove is now saying a President needs to be 'first' to compromise and make sure they're very careful with their language :blink:

They have been talking all night about Obama "moving to the middle" and compromising like he is the outlier, not the crazy as fuck, rapist apologists.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: mongers on November 07, 2012, 12:40:44 AM
* i have no idea if this road exists and if it does, if it's anywhere near DC. 

Yes, it does, and no, it doesn't.  He'd be marching his minutemen across the AC Expressway and then he'd be marching them for a while down I-95. :P
Experience bij!

katmai

1st openly gay Senator as well tonight it seems.

Sheilbh

Krauthammer also repeating the line that Romney wasn't a 'natural' conservative, even though he run the best campaign he could given that he 'spoke conservatism as a second language' :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Hearing Virginia is now being called for Obama too, where is that straightjacket for seedy?

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2012, 12:52:44 AM
Krauthammer also repeating the line that Romney wasn't a 'natural' conservative, even though he run the best campaign he could given that he 'spoke conservatism as a second language' :blink:

The rats are jump off the sinking ship. They have to find excuses now.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

sbr

Could I get a consice, written for a 12 year old explanation of what the conservatives' hard-on about Libya is about?  I don't get it, but I've been trying not to follow the news recently.

katmai

Quote from: 11B4V on November 07, 2012, 12:56:02 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2012, 12:52:44 AM

The rats are jump off the sinking ship. They have to find excuses now.

It is just hilarious if they really believe they would have had a better chance with Santorum or Newt as the candidate.

Jaron

Haha, the locals here are wondering how their fasts they held for Mitt on Sunday didn't get results. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sheilbh

I don't get the thing about Libya either.  I asked about it on here and I still don't understand what the criticism is.

QuoteIt is just hilarious if they really believe they would have had a better chance with Santorum or Newt as the candidate.
In fairness they seem to think Romney was the best choice but that he was, as Krauthammer put it, 'a North-Eastern liberal...I mean moderate.'

Edit:  A Brit journo's just pointed out how red-eyed Mitt looks.  Crying or dog tired.  After 6 years of running for President this must be an agonising speech to give :(
Let's bomb Russia!