News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Call the Electoral Vote

Started by jimmy olsen, November 05, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

So now that it's proven once again that moderates can't win, we're gonna have to deal with nominee Santorum?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 07, 2012, 12:05:10 AM
So now that it's proven once again that moderates can't win, we're gonna have to deal with nominee Santorum?
It was also proven that the far-right candidate can't win. At least if they talk about rape.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Liep on November 07, 2012, 12:06:31 AM
It was also proven that the far-right candidate can't win. At least if they talk about rape.

It's not talking about rape that's the problem, it's the idiotic qualifying of rape that's the problem.

Sheilbh

To be fair I think that's basic politics.  Whether you're left-wing or right-wing if you're running for office there's a few words you shouldn't ever say in the last 4 weeks of a campaign.  'Rape' is one of them.  'Hitler' is another.  Just avoid the subject.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2012, 12:13:36 AM
To be fair I think that's basic politics.  Whether you're left-wing or right-wing if you're running for office there's a few words you shouldn't ever say in the last 4 weeks of a campaign.  'Rape' is one of them.  'Hitler' is another.  Just avoid the subject.
What if you wish rape on Hitler?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2012, 12:14:34 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 07, 2012, 12:13:36 AM
What if you wish rape on Hitler?
You sick homo-necrophiliac bastard.

See.  It never ends well.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

My family is surprisingly quiet on FB. Only my nephew is happy he gets deployed to Guam and away from the government, and my brother in law says Obama's win is a victory of popularity over substance and that voters ignored his failings.

I expect a slew of "funny" graphics to be posted during the day, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2012, 12:31:11 AM
My family is surprisingly quiet on FB. Only my nephew is happy he gets deployed to Guam and away from the government, and my brother in law says Obama's win is a victory of popularity over substance and that voters ignored his failings.

I expect a slew of "funny" graphics to be posted during the day, though.

Guam?  He does know the Territories are Federal Jurisdiction right?  Of course wherever he goes is Federal Jurisdiction.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Yeah, I figured he meant physical distance between him and DC.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

It seems aside from the presidential race that Oregon has voted for legalising weed whilst Maine has legalised same sex marraige.
Smart move by the US to keep the gays and the drugs squarely on opposite sides of the country.  :P
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on November 07, 2012, 12:52:32 AM
It seems aside from the presidential race that Oregon has voted for legalising weed whilst Maine has legalised same sex marraige.
Smart move by the US to keep the gays and the drugs squarely on opposite sides of the country.  :P

Not Oregon, but Colorado.  Oregon had a ballot measure to legalize pot but it failed.  Washington legalized pot and gays.  :ph34r:

katmai

Quote from: sbr on November 07, 2012, 01:02:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 07, 2012, 12:52:32 AM

Not Oregon, but Colorado.  Oregon had a ballot measure to legalize pot but it failed.  Washington legalized pot and gays.  :ph34r:
Now i understand why Neil hates the state so.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

I told you guys this would not be that close.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned