News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Call the Electoral Vote

Started by jimmy olsen, November 05, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

What should I do with my fifty bucks?  I think I'll send to the government.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 06, 2012, 10:27:46 PM
What should I do with my fifty bucks?  I think I'll send to the government.

:homestar:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2012, 09:33:43 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 09:26:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2012, 09:24:53 PM
Quote from: Drakken on November 06, 2012, 09:18:57 PM
Florida is gonna be the shit state again, Obama is leading by slightly over 300 votes, after 78% of the polls opened.  :nelson:
Nah.  Obama has Florida locked up.
Nonsense.  Plenty of absentee ballots to be thrown out yet.
Jeez , we all knew that Obama had this in the bag for a while now.  The campaign is over and the votes are being counted.  Can you drop the fake 'I don't know if Obama's going to win' pose yet?  You don't need to pretend to be cool.  This is Languish, not Hipsterland.

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Kleves

Well, hopefully Obama won't fuck things up any more than he already has. Also, hopefully the Republican party will take this opportunity to become more, rather than less, sane.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Viking

Quote from: Kleves on November 06, 2012, 10:38:24 PM
Well, hopefully Obama won't fuck things up any more than he already has. Also, hopefully the Republican party will take this opportunity to become more, rather than less, sane.

meh, they'll just blame Romney for being a bad candidate and claim that ACORN stole the election, given all the blacks who voted. The GOP will continue to spiral down until they realize that the tax and sex fanatics can't have a veto on candidates if the party is to be sane.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Kleves on November 06, 2012, 10:38:24 PMAlso, hopefully the Republican party will take this opportunity to become more, rather than less, sane.
I worry not.  I think they'll see this as a repudiation of moderation (especially if, as it seems, white evangelicals didn't turn out the way they did for Bush and McCain - possibly anti-Mormon bigotry be damned) and they'll probably do well in 2014.  So they'll point to that election and 2010 as proof they just need to be purer.

On the upside for Republicans they've got a lot of talent in 2016.  Downside is I think they're were the Labour party was in the 80s.
Let's bomb Russia!

Kleves

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 10:44:16 PM
I worry not.
Republicans thinking they have to get more extreme would be an insane reaction. I wish I could say that I didn't think it was likely.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Kleves

I wonder if Obama will promise to harness the sun and to stop the rise of the oceans again in his victory speech.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 10:44:16 PM
On the upside for Republicans they've got a lot of talent in 2016.

The two, or possibly even three, Supreme Court Justices Obama may have the opportunity to nominate will be much more important.

Besides, the Democrats will have a fine field of their own.

I just hope that Chris Christie doesn't suffer immense damage with the GOP over doing his fucking job.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 11:04:39 PM
I disagree.  The Democrats, at this point, have a weak, weak field for 2016.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 11:10:42 PM

There is an Irishman from Maryland....

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 11:10:42 PM

Both parties have fielded a weak line-up for the past decade and more.

Sheilbh

Quote from: dps on November 06, 2012, 11:48:38 PM
Both parties have fielded a weak line-up for the past decade and more.
I think 2008 was strong: Clinton v Obama and McCain, Giuliani, Romney and Huckabee.  2012 and 2004 were weak, 2000 was sadly a bit fixed rather than weak.  '92 seems impressive to me too.

I think the Republicans have stars in 2016, especially Christie, Ryan and Rubio.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

And the Dems could field Cuomo, O'Malley, Mark Warner from Virginia, and there's always Hillary.

I really don't think Ryan would be the kind of GOP candidate that could succeed in a general election on his own;  he's Rick Santorum on the P90X program, without the sweater vest.