And we're back!

Main Menu

Call the Electoral Vote

Started by jimmy olsen, November 05, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2012, 09:17:58 PM
Quote from: Caliga on November 06, 2012, 09:17:01 PM
My ex-girlfriend's fawning pro-Obama posts on FB are annoying me so much that I now officially want Romney to win. :bleeding:

I'm getting heavy GOP derp from one of my brothers.

My mother's not watching the results.

"It's like a Ravens playoff game...with no more games ever, or the right to choose!"

OttoVonBismarck

Hmm, looks like my projections missed the mark. Looks like Romney may lose Florida but carry Virginia, I had projected the opposite.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Quote from: Drakken on November 06, 2012, 09:18:57 PM
Florida is gonna be the shit state again, Obama is leading by slightly over 300 votes, after 78% of the polls opened.  :nelson:
Nah.  Obama has Florida locked up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2012, 09:24:53 PM
Florida is gonna be the shit state again, Obama is leading by slightly over 300 votes, after 78% of the polls opened.  :nelson:

Nonsense.  Plenty of absentee ballots to be thrown out yet.

OttoVonBismarck

Florida is such a bullshit State, it's almost like they insist on being prima donnas. This was supposed to be a year we could quietly ignore the sunshine state.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2012, 09:26:33 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2012, 09:24:53 PM
Nonsense.  Plenty of absentee ballots to be thrown out yet.
Jeez , we all knew that Obama had this in the bag for a while now.  The campaign is over and the votes are being counted.  Can you drop the fake 'I don't know if Obama's going to win' pose yet?  You don't need to pretend to be cool.  This is Languish, not Hipsterland.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2012, 09:31:05 PM
Florida is such a bullshit State, it's almost like they insist on being prima donnas. This was supposed to be a year we could quietly ignore the sunshine state.

Well, somebody didn't ignore Florida and that somebody seems to have been working for Obama.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 06, 2012, 09:31:05 PM

Romney needs to win Ohio and Colorado for Florida to matter.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

I wonder if the Ryan pick hurt Romney in Florida?
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 06, 2012, 09:33:43 PM
Jeez , we all knew that Obama had this in the bag for a while now.  The campaign is over and the votes are being counted.  Can you drop the fake 'I don't know if Obama's going to win' pose yet?  You don't need to pretend to be cool.  This is Languish, not Hipsterland.

You're not an American.  Therefore, you can't possibly fathom the mistrust I possess in the electoral process, or the lack of faith I have in my fellow Americans to Do The Right Thing(tm).

derspiess

Okay I'll go ahead and write this one off.  Congrats to you koolaid drinking Obama worshipers.  2014 will be fun.

Now back to my Fernet and Coke, plus a room full of kids whose adulation I bought with clearance-priced NFL, baseball, and Halloween items.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2012, 09:52:23 PM
Okay I'll go ahead and write this one off.  Congrats to you koolaid drinking Obama worshipers.  2014 will be fun.

Now back to my Fernet and Coke, plus a room full of kids whose adulation I bought with clearance-priced NFL, baseball, and Halloween items.

Hopefully 19-0 Pats gear.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

derspeiss - don't miss your opportunity to swap your remaining Argentine debt holdings for Romney Intrade options.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2012, 09:57:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 06, 2012, 09:52:23 PM

Hopefully 19-0 Pats gear.

:lol: Reds and Bengals crap, plus a couple surprise offerings the wife picked up somewhere:  Texans and Oregon Ducks shirts.

Plus a metric fuckton of crappy kids Halloween costumes and half-priced candy.  My biracial nephew seems to want to wear the wrong gender's costumes :mellow:  He's been wearing this bee costume that is straight out of that Blind Melon video.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall