News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 12:02:14 PM
Quote from: celedhring on October 24, 2012, 09:14:10 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 09:03:52 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 24, 2012, 08:56:35 AM
I'm trying to go back there in a couple years, so in this case I would vote Obama. If I'm not able to I'd vote Romney and watch the fireworks from the other side of the pond.

Because there will really be fireworks. :rolleyes:

Figuratively speaking. I think a Romney presidency would be entertaining for a whole host of wrong reasons.

Anyway, in truth I want the less sucky option for the people in the US, which seems to be Obama this time around.

I understood what you are saying and it is ridiculous.

The way he - whom I still regard as a moderate at heart - has bowed to the extremist side of the Republican party doesn't instill me with confidence of seeing him in a position of power and having to deal with a Tea Party that will feel entitled by the victory. Personally I'd prefer this second coming of the Culture Wars to finish quickly, and a Republican win on this kind of platform wouldn't really help and set the country in a wild ride. Obama is quite moderate, frankly, he's really done little to upset the apple cart, apart from the Health Care Reform, which I still find too moderate (but I'm an Euro).

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 24, 2012, 12:34:55 PM
The way he - whom I still regard as a moderate at heart - has bowed to the extremist side of the Republican party doesn't instill me with confidence of seeing him in a position of power and having to deal with a Tea Party that will feel entitled by the victory. Personally I'd prefer this second coming of the Culture Wars to finish quickly, and a Republican win on this kind of platform wouldn't really help and set the country in a wild ride. Obama is quite moderate, frankly, he's really done little to upset the apple cart, apart from the Health Care Reform, which I still find too moderate (but I'm an Euro).

And Romney did little to upset the apple cart while governor of Massachusetts and in the last few weeks has shifted far away from the right of the Republican party.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Kleves

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 23, 2012, 05:10:54 PM
Kleves...

That's my guess.
Good guess. I did vote for Romney in the poll, and I probably will IRL. I am not too enamored with either candidate, but at least Romney seems to be flip-flopping in the right direction and would be answerable to the electorate after four years.  Fortunately, my decision is made easier because my vote will not matter (Washington is voting for Obama).
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

CountDeMoney

Anyway, in truth I want the less sucky option for the people in the US, which seems to be Obama this time around.

I want the less sucky option for the people of the US, too.  Which is Obama, whether you like it or not.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 12:22:32 PM
Trump's bombshell was just wild!

What was it? They covered it on the radio here for some reason, but it wasn't out before deadline.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 24, 2012, 01:27:01 PM

I want the less sucky option for the people of the US, too.  Which is Obama, whether you like it or not.

I don't see evidence of that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

derspiess

Please, don't play that line.  You love Obama.  You worship him.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 01:46:22 PM
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/tv-zone-1.811968/donald-trump-s-announcement-one-big-fffftttttzzzzzz-1.4147851

My only guess is that he didn't end up getting the dirt he thought he'd get (Obama divorce papers?), so he fell back on this as his backup plan. 

I wasn't expecting much.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 02:14:03 PM

Please, don't play that line.  You love Obama.  You worship him.

That's like saying you're a rabid Stalin fanboi rooting for the Reds against the Nazis on the Eastern Front.  That would be incorrect.

Only in relation to the state of today's GOP would it be considered love and worship.  GOP: sucking fat fundie Christian cock since 1988.

Eddie Teach

88? When they picked an old school moderate from Connecticut?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 24, 2012, 05:04:26 PM
88? When they picked an old school moderate from Connecticut?
And ran him out of town when his lips proved to be lying.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 24, 2012, 03:43:43 PM
That's like saying you're a rabid Stalin fanboi rooting for the Reds against the Nazis on the Eastern Front.  That would be incorrect.

Well now if the person in question was known for never saying anything remotely critical of Stalin, the suspicion might be legit.

So are you saying you don't particularly like President Obama?  Then what is it you don't like about him?