News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Josephus

Well I hope you American Languishites are representative of your entire population.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2012, 02:45:37 PM
Why would he get a ride of Obamacare?

Because a "ride" can be "stripped for parts"

it's funny because it is a non-sexual double entendre
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

The Daily Show would be funnier if Romney won.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Josephus on October 23, 2012, 04:23:02 PM
Well I hope you American Languishites are representative of your entire population.

Your hopes are sure to be dashed :contract:

I mean Obama may well win but not but a Languish style margin.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I've given my non-vote some serious thought.  :)

In every single past election it was automatic - I would have voted for Bush 41 twice, Dole, and Bush 43 twice.  There was very little debate.

This time... Obama hasn't impressed me, but he hasn't outraged me either (Obamacare seems like a mess, but the system was hardly much better beforehand).  Romney on the otherhand hasn't impressed me either, although he has the resume that he ought to make a good executive.

In the end my non-vote goes back to political instincts - Republican.  But not without hesitation.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on October 23, 2012, 04:47:18 PM
I've given my non-vote some serious thought.  :)

In every single past election it was automatic - I would have voted for Bush 41 twice, Dole, and Bush 43 twice.  There was very little debate.

This time... Obama hasn't impressed me, but he hasn't outraged me either (Obamacare seems like a mess, but the system was hardly much better beforehand).  Romney on the otherhand hasn't impressed me either, although he has the resume that he ought to make a good executive.

In the end my non-vote goes back to political instincts - Republican.  But not without hesitation.

Better than nothing.  At least we have one Romney furrener vote in the totals.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Kinda surprised we have 6 US-Americans voting Romney.  There's me and grabon.  I haven't seen Hans or Siege here today, so I can't account for the other 4 :hmm:

DGuller

If I harbored thoughts of supporting Romney, I certainly would keep that dark secret to myself.

Josephus

furriners should be allowed to vote in American elections...after all everything you do effects us. Maybe it could weigh half a vote of an American.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on October 23, 2012, 04:56:52 PM
furriners should be allowed to vote in American elections...after all everything you do effects us. Maybe it could weigh half a vote of an American.

And then we can pay half of the taxes that an American citizen would pay! :w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 23, 2012, 04:50:43 PM
Kinda surprised we have 6 US-Americans voting Romney.  There's me and grabon.  I haven't seen Hans or Siege here today, so I can't account for the other 4 :hmm:

Me.  I got vote for the 1%.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on October 23, 2012, 04:50:43 PM

Kleves, Habby, Ed, Stonewall.

That's my guess.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Haven't seen Stoney in eons.

Phil's got a crush on Romney so he's a likely candidate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on October 23, 2012, 04:59:05 PM

And then we can pay half of the taxes that an American citizen would pay! :w00t:

This is interesting idea.  Not the voting part, the part where you give us money.  If we are going to be called "Imperialist" all the time, the least world could do is pay us tribute.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017