News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

PDH

I have long advocated for the taxation of foreigners living abroad.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 23, 2012, 05:16:12 PM
If we are going to be called "Imperialist" all the time, the least world could do is pay us tribute.

Only new people are Imperialist, the old guard is Yi.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

No "I hate politics and refuse to vote for any of the available crooks".  :mad:

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 23, 2012, 04:59:05 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 23, 2012, 04:56:52 PM
furriners should be allowed to vote in American elections...after all everything you do effects us. Maybe it could weigh half a vote of an American.

And then we can pay half of the taxes that an American citizen would pay! :w00t:

If Romney wins that would be nothing, right?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: PDH on October 23, 2012, 05:19:11 PM
I have long advocated for the taxation of foreigners living abroad.

I dont think you're saying what you mean.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Perhaps the best poll descriptions ever.

Well Done

For the record - Non American, would vote Obama.

FunkMonk

People who pick the loser should lose their jobs.  :homestar:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Foreigner.  Would vote for Obama.  Frankly I'd vote for Bachmann, Santorum, Cain or Gravel over Romney.
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 23, 2012, 06:30:13 PM
Foreigner.  Would vote for Obama.  Frankly I'd vote for Bachmann, Santorum, Cain or Gravel over Romney.

What a coincidence, I would vote for gravel over Romney.

Eddie Teach

gravel is too inexperienced, vote dirt
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 23, 2012, 05:42:34 PM
People who pick the loser should lose their jobs.  :homestar:

Too late, RomneyNation already beat me to the punch.  And I haven't even voted yet.

Habbaku

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 23, 2012, 05:10:54 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 23, 2012, 04:50:43 PM
Kinda surprised we have 6 US-Americans voting Romney.  There's me and grabon.  I haven't seen Hans or Siege here today, so I can't account for the other 4 :hmm:

Kleves, Habby, Ed, Stonewall.

That's my guess.

:lol:  Bad guess, then.  I'm not voting for him.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

I worked for the Obama campaign when I lived in NYC back in 2008... stupid on two counts as I was foreigner and it's not like NY was a tossup...

I'm trying to go back there in a couple years, so in this case I would vote Obama. If I'm not able to I'd vote Romney and watch the fireworks from the other side of the pond.

Malthus

I was hoping for a poll on who should be elected President of Languish.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius