News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Presidential Election!

Started by Kleves, October 23, 2012, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who gets your vote for President of the United States of America?

I'm an American and I vote for Obama - just the man to turn American around after four miserable years
24 (29.6%)
I'm an American and I vote for Romney - his day one job: get ride of Obamacare and then strip America down and sell it for parts
14 (17.3%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Obama - a weak and apologetic America pleases me
30 (37%)
I'm not an American, but I would vote for Romney - a Mormon in the White House? That will be hilarious!
3 (3.7%)
I am American, and I waste my vote by voting for a third party
6 (7.4%)
I am not an American, but I would vote for Jaron
4 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 80

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 24, 2012, 08:56:35 AM
I'm trying to go back there in a couple years, so in this case I would vote Obama. If I'm not able to I'd vote Romney and watch the fireworks from the other side of the pond.

Because there will really be fireworks. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 09:03:52 AM
I'm trying to go back there in a couple years, so in this case I would vote Obama. If I'm not able to I'd vote Romney and watch the fireworks from the other side of the pond.

Figuratively speaking. I think a Romney presidency would be entertaining for a whole host of wrong reasons.

Anyway, in truth I want the less sucky option for the people in the US, which seems to be Obama this time around.

Josquius

Obama of course. The Earth isn't great but its all we have, don't want it destroyed.

Perhaps a bit of hyperbole at play there....
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on October 23, 2012, 11:35:25 PM
Futures market is abandoning Obama. He is now only favored against Romney 55-45 on InTrade.

Gallup +5 Romney
http://www.gallup.com/poll/157817/election-2012-likely-voters-trial-heat-obama-romney.aspx
Rasmussen +4 Romney
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Latest Rasmussen has Ohio at a 48-48 tie.  Maybe this one will go into overtime.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

I pledged on Facebook to become a homegrown terrorist if Romney wins, so there'll be fireworks in my part of town.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 10:10:55 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on October 23, 2012, 11:35:25 PM
Futures market is abandoning Obama. He is now only favored against Romney 55-45 on InTrade.

Gallup +5 Romney
http://www.gallup.com/poll/157817/election-2012-likely-voters-trial-heat-obama-romney.aspx
Rasmussen +4 Romney
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Latest Rasmussen has Ohio at a 48-48 tie.  Maybe this one will go into overtime.

Im pretty sure this election will go into overtime. Whoever loses is going to contest...it will be that close looks like. Start counting the pregnant chads.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on October 24, 2012, 10:41:20 AM
Im pretty sure this election will go into overtime. Whoever loses is going to contest...it will be that close looks like. Start counting the pregnant chads.

Colorado 2012 = Florida 2000

That's the way it's going to be.

alfred russel

Quote from: Josephus on October 24, 2012, 10:41:20 AM

It looks like you might be right, but I really hope not. Right wingers don't accept Obama as legitimate now, could you imagine if he had a real hint of illegitimacy about him? Or if two elections in 12 years were handed to Republicans by the courts?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

I said I was voting for Al Smith and I am sticking with that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

I'm going to write in Jaron. Also, there are a total of five women who plan to vote how I tell them, so maybe Marty is vindicated.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 24, 2012, 09:14:10 AM

Figuratively speaking. I think a Romney presidency would be entertaining for a whole host of wrong reasons.

Anyway, in truth I want the less sucky option for the people in the US, which seems to be Obama this time around.

I understood what you are saying and it is ridiculous.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 24, 2012, 11:57:11 AM
I'm going to write in Jaron. Also, there are a total of five women who plan to vote how I tell them, so maybe Marty is vindicated.  :lol:

:hmm:  You have 4 more than me.  How did you manage to do that?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 24, 2012, 12:02:14 PM
I understood what you are saying and it is ridiculous.

I think there will be some short-term fireworks if Romney wins.  Unless all the people on twitter threatening to riot are bullshitting (which is possible).

Side-note:  A lot of the above-mentioned twitter users call him "Nick Romney" :huh:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 12:08:20 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 24, 2012, 11:57:11 AM

:hmm:  You have 4 more than me.  How did you manage to do that?

Big family. Mom, sisters, etc.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon