Debate III, the one just for Languish: US Foreign Policy

Started by CountDeMoney, October 22, 2012, 06:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on October 23, 2012, 12:07:24 PM
From what I can tell from the reports, the Eurozone crisis wasn't mentioned. You have to wonder whether e.g. the civil war in Syria or the economic depression in Europe is more relevant to American foreign policy interests.
The Eurozone wasn't mentioned.  With the exception of Mali I don't think Africa got a look in.  Most of Latin America and Asia were also ignored (including, say, Brazil and India). 

Foreign policy debates, sadly, tend to boil down to countries the US has taken military action against or might take military action against.  Aside from that it's really just Russia, China and Israel.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on October 23, 2012, 06:19:13 PM
And horses.

Tape bayonets to the feet of horses and drop them onto turbans from a drone .

Ed Anger

Quote from: Lettow77 on October 23, 2012, 06:37:50 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 23, 2012, 04:55:15 PM
There is a certain élan you need to go steel to steel that you don't need to reload a reliable musket. Historical reports of bayonette use show that they are almost universally used to ward of cavalry and the few cases of bayonette charges consist of well motivated (or desperate) men effectively demonstrating to the opposition that they were willing to go steel to steel and thus causing the defenders to decide to run. In the American Revolution again and again the professional redcoats win battles when heavily outnumbered by mounting bayonette charges against milita.

:wub: élan is such an exalting thing! Can you not imagine the tragic glory inherent in brave men charging fruitlessly, being cut down by ruinous fire? Does it not move you to envision the gaping, pasty-faced men of the gunline felling their betters?

There is another time and another place, where little miss General Lee sits atop her dazzling white pony, and directs the knights against the yankee peasants who stand trembling, clutching their spears with faltering resolve and abject terror. No arbalest was yet created with the impudence to puncture the armor of such pure maidens! The day is swept for secession, and the victorious assemblage celebrates with tea and cake.

Squee!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Somewhere out there, there must be an anti-Lettow...espousing the glorious virtues of Union, while chugging on coffee and enjoying the company of our canine friends.

garbon

Anyone a fan of the union is really just a fan of America.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

I do declare that the glorious union is like the Chinese dragon. Strong and fearless! I had a pot of coffee while I watched the German shepards frolic! Bark!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Something to keep in mind, Lettow is the youngest regular on the forum.

Humanity is doomed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 23, 2012, 07:08:54 PM
Somewhere out there, there must be an anti-Lettow...espousing the glorious virtues of Union, while chugging on coffee and enjoying the company of our canine friends.

I just don't post about it.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2012, 07:12:27 PM

Catwoman, please.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2012, 07:14:35 PM

Catwoman, please.

[spoiler]I take my sister's dog to the dog park 3 days a week to meet up with my Dad and his dog, and let them run around with all the other idiot dogs.  It's a shameful secret.  Don't tell you-know-who.  She'd kill me.[/spoiler]

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2012, 07:16:58 PM
I take my sister's dog to the dog park 3 days a week to meet up with my Dad and his dog, and let them run around with all the other idiot dogs.  It's a shameful secret.  Don't tell you-know-who.  She'd kill me.

:lol:

You are such your sister's bitch. It's so adorable. :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 23, 2012, 07:11:46 PM
Something to keep in mind, Lettow is the youngest regular on the forum.

Humanity is doomed.

Yeah, but it's not like he's 15 anymore.  He's got to be in 20's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I'd really hate to find out that Lettow is merely the larval stage of a CdM.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on October 23, 2012, 07:36:08 PM
You are such your sister's bitch. It's so adorable. :wub:

:huh: I do it for the dog, not my sister.