News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 6: Mike Vick, Parole Violator

Started by CountDeMoney, October 11, 2012, 08:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 11, 2012, 10:55:09 PM
It was a "nuke the stadium" kind of game.
Was it really?  I mean, I guess there were a lot of Steeler fans in there, but wouldn't it be hard to have a lot of hate for the Titans?  I mean I know it's a division thing, but during the time period when the Titans were actually good, the Texans were so pathetically bad that you really couldn't say they were rivals with anyone.  Your team ruined David Carr's career.  And these days, they're a second tier franchise at best.  It'd be like me hating the Bengals.

You should save your hate for franchises that have had success in holding your team back (the Colts?) and then the teams that will try and stop the Texans from reaching the Superbowl through Goodell's cheating and who also have bandwagon piece of shit fans (Steelers, Patriots).  And the Cowboys.  Fuck those guys.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 11, 2012, 11:04:28 PM
Was it really?  I mean, I guess there were a lot of Steeler fans in there, but wouldn't it be hard to have a lot of hate for the Titans?  I mean I know it's a division thing, but during the time period when the Titans were actually good, the Texans were so pathetically bad that you really couldn't say they were rivals with anyone.  Your team ruined David Carr's career.  And these days, they're a second tier franchise at best.  It'd be like me hating the Bengals.

You should save your hate for franchises that have had success in holding your team back (the Colts?) and then the teams that will try and stop the Texans from reaching the Superbowl through Goodell's cheating and who also have bandwagon piece of shit fans (Steelers, Patriots).  And the Cowboys.  Fuck those guys.

What?  No.  Fuck the Titans.  Fuck Tennessee.  Fuck Bud Adams. 

You kidding me?  What?  Seriously: Fuck the Titans.  I hope the franchise fails, the stadium collapses, with that douche Bud Adams surviving just long enough to watch his dream die with him.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 11, 2012, 11:04:28 PM
Your team ruined David Carr's career.

So true.  So much talent, buried alive behind a missing offensive line.

MadBurgerMaker

What the hell does David Carr have to do with an Oilers/Texans fan hoping the Titans burn in nuclear fire?  :blink:

Fuck David Carr too though.  That dude still hasn't learned about "touch" and still just stands there and takes sacks.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 11, 2012, 11:09:43 PM
What the hell does David Carr have to do with an Oilers/Texans fan hoping the Titans burn in nuclear fire?  :blink:

Nothing.  But there's room in my heart for both.

Fuck the Flaming Thumbtacks.

MadBurgerMaker

Neil

You know what?  I forgot that the Texans used to be the Oilers when I was a kid.  Alright, I guess that makes sense.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 11, 2012, 11:09:43 PM
Fuck David Carr too though.  That dude still hasn't learned about "touch" and still just stands there and takes sacks.
Of course.  Chester Pitts and friends broke his brain.

MadBurgerMaker

Pitts wasn't a bad G.  Until he broke his leg or whatever and his career ended.

Carr's excuses ended when even Kubiak couldn't work with him though.

Neil

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 11, 2012, 11:23:54 PM
Pitts wasn't a bad G.  Until he broke his leg or whatever and his career ended.
He was the only lineman I could remember out of the Carr era.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 11, 2012, 11:24:56 PM
He was the only lineman I could remember out of the Carr era.

He was one of the ones who actually lasted a while, which is probably why you remember him. 

CountDeMoney

I know Neil doesn't watch college football, but David Carr at Fresno State was a true gunslinger.  From his dropback to his delivery, he was the closest thing to a Troy Aikman clone I've seen yet.  From a technique POV, the guy's mechanics were simply immaculate.

Just a damned shame he was a casualty to an expansion team.

MadBurgerMaker

Easy now.  Carr looked like he would be a pretty good rookie, but he had some serious problems with touch, holding on to the ball, and generally doing some stupid things.  It has been quite a few years now, and the first thing the guy does when he comes into a game is get sacked.  Hell he even did this with  ~the same line Schaub threw for around 5,000 yards behind (his first two years).  Carr wasn't "broken."  The dude is what he is.

E:  Schaub's line included Pitts, Neil.  ;) He really did last a while, again, probably why you remember him.

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2012, 11:39:58 PM
Quit yer Pat Hill hatin'.  :P

It was a damn shame when he got fired.  First thing I said when I heard about that was "What the fuck does FRESNO STATE expect from their head coach?!"