BBC: Second Spanish Civil War Is Possible

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2012, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 10:19:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 04, 2012, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 03, 2012, 10:19:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 03, 2012, 10:05:05 PM
I support whatever side is fighting against the commies/anarchists.

You know, sometimes a little anarchy is good for the soul.  Helps people find their moral compass.  Amazing the clarity of vision a few well-placed explosive devices can provide.
Especially if those devices are planes crashing into towers.  LULZ.
Certainly woke us the fuck up, now didn't they?
Did they?  Nothing really came of it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 11:58:46 PM
Well why would I invite anyone - they might see threads like this and justifiably hate me.

What do you mean 'threads like this'?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2012, 10:34:10 PM
Well sorta.  If you say that somebody is Asian people are going to think they are East Asian.  They will be really confused if an Indian dude walks in.  But by the census they are considered Asian.
That's because of the US's population.  In the UK it'd be the opposite.  You'd have to specify 'East Asian' but if you describe someone as 'Asian' then you'd imagine someone who's Indian or Pakistani.

Aside from that I've always thought racial categorisation kind of pointless.  Never so much as having read this thread :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2012, 10:01:35 AM
Aside from that I've always thought racial categorisation kind of pointless.

Oh they are completely pointless and utterly arbitrary.  I am obviously having some fun with them in this thread.  Unfortunately they are this big deal in human society though.  That part is not so fun.

QuoteNever so much as having read this thread :bleeding:

What we never discussed something pointless before? :P

And I disagree.  We are not taking this seriously at all.  There are places on the internet, and outside it, where people discuss these questions in earnest.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2012, 10:06:40 AM

And I disagree.  We are not taking this seriously at all.  There are places on the internet, and outside it, where people discuss these questions in earnest.
:yes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2012, 10:11:38 AM
Earnest goes to Stormfront.

People mention Stormfront from time to time when racism gets brought up.  What is it exactly?  A forum for Nazi fans or something?

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2012, 09:36:47 AM
Well why would I invite anyone - they might see threads like this and justifiably hate me.

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 05, 2012, 10:01:35 AMAside from that I've always thought racial categorisation kind of pointless.  Never so much as having read this thread :bleeding:

Pretty much yes on the first point.

On the second point - it's your own fault for reading it in the first place; you just have to learn to skip the posts of certain members once you come across a suspect post in a thread.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on October 05, 2012, 11:55:06 AM
Pretty much yes on the first point.

On the second point - it's your own fault for reading it in the first place; you just have to learn to skip the posts of certain members once you come across a suspect post in a thread.

Jesus alright I apologize.  I did not know we had crossed some sort of line that it got everybody enraged.  I thought our discussion was a silly one.

Barrister

I've trolled with the "Italians/Greeks/Spaniards are not white" line for at least a year.  Never caused as much discussion as this time though. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

When denigrating johnny foreigner on the internet, popular wisdom is to inform south americans they are "browns", and all slavs/ southern europeans they are "fake white". This is particularly important for free online games with large populations of such peoples, and is a popular hit with all crowds. :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 05, 2012, 12:01:17 PM
I've trolled with the "Italians/Greeks/Spaniards are not white" line for at least a year.  Never caused as much discussion as this time though. :)

I know don't we joke about this all the time?

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2012, 09:36:47 AM

It was pretty. Clear when I posted that. Most(much?) Of the thread was racial theory nonsense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.