And we're back!

Main Menu

BBC: Second Spanish Civil War Is Possible

Started by jimmy olsen, October 03, 2012, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 09:12:41 PM
Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 09:05:35 PM
Though I have to say the American way sounds pretty stupid given how utterly non-white many Indians are.
But then America and race is always crazy.

Tim is wrong. Indians are considered Asian.

Well sorta.  If you say that somebody is Asian people are going to think they are East Asian.  They will be really confused if an Indian dude walks in.  But by the census they are considered Asian.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Though I have to say the American way sounds pretty stupid given how utterly non-white many Indians are.

I never said Indians were white. :huh:

Closest thing I said to that was many West Asians ethnicity are, but many is not all, and India is South Asian.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2012, 10:49:42 PM

Closest thing I said to that was many West Asians ethnicity are, but many is not all, and India is South Asian.

You said white and caucasian were synonymous. Indians are Caucasian.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 10:55:58 PM

Yeah among like 50 other things.  It has been a long time since the Indo-Europeans rolled in.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 04, 2012, 10:55:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2012, 10:49:42 PM

Indians is far to generalized a statement. There are too many subgroups and ethnicities there in to say Indians are Caucasians. Some groups are, particularly among the Brahmins, but most of the Indo-aryans have been assimilated into the local population. The dividing line between Caucasians and Asians is generally in Afghanistan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Thank you, Jos, for getting us that post above.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 11:47:04 PM

This is the kind of monkey shitfight at the zoo that makes me hate Languish sometimes.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 04, 2012, 11:48:18 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 11:47:04 PM

This is the kind of monkey shitfight at the zoo that makes me hate Languish sometimes.

Well it explains why we fail to attract and retain new members.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2012, 11:40:27 PM
Indians is far to generalized a statement. There are too many subgroups and ethnicities there in to say Indians are Caucasians. Some groups are, particularly among the Brahmins, but most of the Indo-aryans have been assimilated into the local population. The dividing line between Caucasians and Asians is generally in Afghanistan.
[i

Don't be daft.
Southern India is heavily australoid iirc and then on the fringes are a lot of east asian ethnicities but the majority of Indians are thoroughly caucasian. Though most of them are pretty dark, light skinned ones can easily pass for Europeans.

That map is crazy. Lapps, modern Turks and... is that Hungarians? Aren't caucasian?
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2012, 11:52:38 PM

I think it has more to do with the fact we do not seek them our nor welcome them.  Well and we are a forum about nothing.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2012, 11:53:55 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 04, 2012, 11:40:27 PM
[i

Don't be daft.
Southern India is heavily australoid iirc and then on the fringes are a lot of east asian ethnicities but the majority of Indians are thoroughly caucasian. Though most of them are pretty dark, light skinned ones can easily pass for Europeans.

That map is crazy. Lapps, modern Turks and... is that Hungarians? Aren't caucasian?
Ah, just grabbed that because I liked the Indian border. Didn't really look at Europe. :blush: Obviously I consider the above Caucasian.

1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2012, 11:54:47 PM

I think it has more to do with the fact we do not seek them our nor welcome them.  Well and we are a forum about nothing.

Well why would I invite anyone - they might see threads like this and justifiably hate me.

Eddie Teach

Well and we are a forum about nothing.

Nonsense. We are a fan site for a gaming company whose products most of us stopped buying 5-10 years ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Barcelona has been greatly in vogue with my roommate and I just recently-  both of us are resolved it is a place eminently worth visiting, and are in mutual acquaintance with a catalonian secessionist and anarchist fellow. Spain and Greece's latest news, and indeed most news out of Europe generally, has been encouraging. The only thing that could be asked for is some favourable and dramatic news out of Cisalpine Gaul.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Grey Fox

We are about life!  :cool:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.