Romney: 47% of Americans are losers, don't care about 'em

Started by Queequeg, September 17, 2012, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I thought I was giving Yi a ridiculous discount.  At this point, I think what holds Romney's price above 0% is a chance of some kind of disaster for Obama, like finally admitting that he's a Muslim, or the effect of voter suppression in some key states.

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on September 26, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
I thought I was giving Yi a ridiculous discount.  At this point, I think what holds Romney's price above 0% is a chance of some kind of disaster for Obama, like finally admitting that he's a Muslim, or the effect of voter suppression in some key states.

At this point I think it going to take a revelation that the reason they dumped Osama's body at sea is to prevent DNA matching to is brother Obama.

I am sure Hans is feverishly working that angle.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on September 26, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
No. A devastating economic event would probably be the disaster if one were to happen; along the lines of Lehman Brothers bankruptcy and stock market crash in late September 2008 that decisively sunk McCain in the polls.

DGuller

Obviously some kind of force majore is another thing that can affect Obama.  A huge terrorist act, a war with Iran breaking out, or some kind of economic calamity can also jumble up the race.

frunk

Quote from: Phillip V on September 26, 2012, 06:38:57 PM
No. A devastating economic event would probably be the disaster if one were to happen; along the lines of Lehman Brothers bankruptcy and stock market crash in late September 2008 that decisively sunk McCain in the polls.

I'm not sure a serious economic collapse caused by a company would hand the election to Romney, considering that he is seen as the big business advocate and that would make big business look that much worse.

Neil

Romney could also win if he manages to defeat a group of terrorists/thieves in a skyscraper, just like Die Hard.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

Quote from: frunk on September 26, 2012, 06:46:16 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on September 26, 2012, 06:38:57 PM

I'm not sure a serious economic collapse caused by a company would hand the election to Romney, considering that he is seen as the big business advocate and that would make big business look that much worse.
You're right. Sitting presidents and their parties are never punished for economic crashes. :wacko:

Phillip V

Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2012, 06:55:45 PM
Romney could also win if he manages to defeat a group of terrorists/thieves in a skyscraper, just like Die Hard.
Do we have any photos of Romney with his arms and shoulders exposed?

Razgovory

Well, I'd vote for him if he did that.  That would be totally fucking rad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Quote from: Phillip V on September 26, 2012, 06:58:11 PM
You're right. Sitting presidents and their parties are never punished for economic crashes. :wacko:

That's not what I said.  I think it would be damaging to both and I don't think it would clearly favor Romney.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on September 26, 2012, 07:05:05 PM

Well, I'd vote for him if he did that.  That would be totally fucking rad.

Obama could be the cop getting the doughnuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: frunk on September 26, 2012, 07:52:05 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on September 26, 2012, 06:58:11 PM

That's not what I said.  I think it would be damaging to both and I don't think it would clearly favor Romney.
You're right. Sitting presidents and their parties electorally benefit from economic crashes.

Obama should hope for another recession next month so that less people will vote for Romney. :wacko:

mongers

After the election someone will need to coin a new political imperative* "It's the stupid, Stupid."

* Temporarily forgot the exact word I'm looking form, maybe contain an ax, but I can't be arsed to google/find a thesaurus.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

The problem for Romney is that people will blame the Republican plutocrats for any problems with the economy, and for good reason.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2012, 08:30:50 PM
The problem for Romney is that people will blame the Republican plutocrats for any problems with the economy, and for good reason.
The short period that Romney led Obama in the polls last year was during the summer mini-crash following the US debt downgrade (and Greece problems).