Romney: 47% of Americans are losers, don't care about 'em

Started by Queequeg, September 17, 2012, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Phillip V on September 26, 2012, 08:39:02 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2012, 08:30:50 PM
The problem for Romney is that people will blame the Republican plutocrats for any problems with the economy, and for good reason.
The short period that Romney led Obama in the polls last year was during the summer mini-crash following the US debt downgrade (and Greece problems).

Also known as the period before people really starting to focus on what Romney stood for or rather his ever changing stances on what he stood for at that particular moment in time.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on September 26, 2012, 06:44:35 PM
Obviously some kind of force majore is another thing that can affect Obama.  A huge terrorist act, a war with Iran breaking out, or some kind of economic calamity can also jumble up the race.

It's too late in the cycle for a war to be a bad thing for him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 26, 2012, 08:04:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 26, 2012, 07:05:05 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 26, 2012, 06:55:45 PM
Romney could also win if he manages to defeat a group of terrorists/thieves in a skyscraper, just like Die Hard.

Well, I'd vote for him if he did that.  That would be totally fucking rad.

Obama could be the cop getting the doughnuts.

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!" would make a good slogan for a campaign.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 26, 2012, 09:15:33 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 26, 2012, 06:44:35 PM
Obviously some kind of force majore is another thing that can affect Obama.  A huge terrorist act, a war with Iran breaking out, or some kind of economic calamity can also jumble up the race.

It's too late in the cycle for a war to be a bad thing for him.
Who knows how people would react?  What if an aircraft carrier sinks during the first salvo?

Razgovory

It would have to be a British aircraft carrier to rely on direct fire, so it probably won't be a problem for Obama.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Quote from: Phillip V on September 26, 2012, 08:10:02 PM
You're right. Sitting presidents and their parties electorally benefit from economic crashes.

Obama should hope for another recession next month so that less people will vote for Romney. :wacko:

If you are talking general economic crash you are right.  If you are talking about one triggered by a specific boneheaded company doing something dumb I don't think it's as nearly clear cut.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on September 26, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
I thought I was giving Yi a ridiculous discount.  At this point, I think what holds Romney's price above 0% is a chance of some kind of disaster for Obama, like finally admitting that he's a Muslim, or the effect of voter suppression in some key states.

I bet I get no credit fr stating that <insert Republican candidate of the Tea Parties choice here> had no chance a long, long time ago.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

QuoteThe deal requires approval by the Committee on Foreign Investments in the US, which vets cross-border deals on national security grounds.

:huh:

Wow, even Poland doesn't have a body like this, and it is a post-communist state. To think I thought you guys were free market capitalists.

Martinus

Madonna said that if Obama wins she will undress on stage. Time to vote Romney. :(

Sheilbh

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2012, 01:07:01 AM
QuoteThe deal requires approval by the Committee on Foreign Investments in the US, which vets cross-border deals on national security grounds.

Wow, even Poland doesn't have a body like this, and it is a post-communist state. To think I thought you guys were free market capitalists.
It does seem odd (though I wouldn't mind it to stop the BAE deal), has it always been there or is it something that was created after that Dubai port debacle?
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

The US actually has strategic assets though.  Not even Poles really care if Hungary takes over Poland's 'strategic' beet production.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 27, 2012, 01:13:07 AM
Madonna said that if Obama wins she will undress on stage. Time to vote Romney. :(

Or, you know, just don't buy tickets.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

That sounds very exciting.  I wonder what Madonna looks like naked?  :hmm:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on September 27, 2012, 07:39:16 AM

The US actually has strategic assets though.  Not even Poles really care if Hungary takes over Poland's 'strategic' beet production.

Poland's black bread reserve is in Ms. Kolwaski's basement, Krakow. Knock three times, then three times again to gain access.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive