Romney: 47% of Americans are losers, don't care about 'em

Started by Queequeg, September 17, 2012, 06:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Wouldn't it be ironic if Obama won by a plurality of 53% over 47% to Romney ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on September 22, 2012, 01:28:02 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if Obama won by a plurality of 53% over 47% to Romney ?

It would be much more than just ironic.  It would be the first recorded plurality in the history of man to exceed 49%.

Phillip V

Despite Romney supposedly "losing the election" from his latest 47% comments among a long line of supposed turning points, Gallup and Rasmussen released their latest tracking polls today.

Gallup: Tie
http://www.gallup.com/poll/150743/Obama-Romney.aspx
Rasmussen:   Tie
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Also contrary to expectations, including my own, Obama has beat Romney in the money game: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81499.html
It has been revealed that the Romney campaign actually had to borrow $20 million in August. They (including GOP Super PACs) were outspent by Democrats more than 2-to-1 in ads during the two weeks of the national conventions, not to mention all of this past spring and summer.

Neil

People thought that Obama wouldn't outmoney Romney?  That was silly of them, don't you think?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on September 21, 2012, 04:18:47 PM
Note: Romney does not have any military service, either; first election with no veterans.

Makes sense. There is no place for losers in modern politics.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2012, 09:03:12 AM
People thought that Obama wouldn't outmoney Romney?  That was silly of them, don't you think?

What, that it wasn't until August that Obama finally outraised Mittens?  Obama's fundraisers were slow to get out of the gate, and the big spenders for Mittens have been going sour on his inept campaign over the course of the summer.  Makes sense.

Want to know what's really scary?

QuoteMichele Bachmann has raised and spent more money this election cycle than any member of the House aside from Speaker John Boehner – close to $16 million through the end of July alone.

But the Minnesota GOP congresswoman and former presidential candidate is still going pedal-to-the-metal with her fundraising efforts as she attempts to fend off a determined Democratic effort to oust her.

"I've never needed your support as much as I do today," she writes in her most recent fundraising email appeal. "In 10 days, we must close our financial books and report our fundraising numbers and, unfortunately, we are still short of our fundraising goals by more than $376,000. This is a deficit that we MUST overcome--in the face of senseless attacks from a ruthless opponent, we can't afford to leave any stone unturned."

While the race is close and the DCCC has flagged Minnesota's 6th District as an "emerging race," Bachmann still appears to have a clear advantage in what is the most Republican seat in the state.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 23, 2012, 09:20:59 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2012, 09:03:12 AM

What, that it wasn't until August that Obama finally outraised Mittens?  Obama's fundraisers were slow to get out of the gate, and the big spenders for Mittens have been going sour on his inept campaign over the course of the summer.  Makes sense.

Want to know what's really scary?

QuoteMichele Bachmann has raised and spent more money this election cycle than any member of the House aside from Speaker John Boehner – close to $16 million through the end of July alone.

But the Minnesota GOP congresswoman and former presidential candidate is still going pedal-to-the-metal with her fundraising efforts as she attempts to fend off a determined Democratic effort to oust her.

"I've never needed your support as much as I do today," she writes in her most recent fundraising email appeal. "In 10 days, we must close our financial books and report our fundraising numbers and, unfortunately, we are still short of our fundraising goals by more than $376,000. This is a deficit that we MUST overcome--in the face of senseless attacks from a ruthless opponent, we can't afford to leave any stone unturned."

While the race is close and the DCCC has flagged Minnesota's 6th District as an "emerging race," Bachmann still appears to have a clear advantage in what is the most Republican seat in the state.

Well, everybody loves a fag hag.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on September 23, 2012, 09:15:06 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on September 21, 2012, 04:18:47 PM
Note: Romney does not have any military service, either; first election with no veterans.

Makes sense. There is no place for losers in modern politics.

Modern politics is full of losers.

Jacob

So how about that whole Mitt Romney investing in a state owned Chinese Oil Company* that big investments in Iran?

*no word on what kind of Oil Company.

Martinus

QuoteMitt Romney Wonders Why Ann Romney's Airplane Windows Don't Roll Down

Making post-fundraiser comments this weekend, presidential candidate Mitt Romney revealed a tenuous grip on the science of aviation, despite the fact that he and his wife, Ann, have been flying around the country this summer on the campaign trail.

After his wife's plane was forced to make an emergency landing this weekend, Romney told the Los Angeles Times, he was worried for her safety. The candidate then continued on a bizarre tangent that showed just how little the Republican nominee understands about flight.

"I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don't think she knows just how worried some of us were," Romney told the paper. "When you have a fire in an aircraft, there's no place to go, exactly."

Romney said the biggest problem in a distressed aircraft is that "the windows don't open. I don't know why they don't do that. It's a real problem. So it's very dangerous."

The main reason airplane windows don't open is because there isn't enough oxygen at cruising altitude to keep passengers alive. (The fear of window or cabin failures, which would lead to potentially fatal hypoxia, is why many planes are equipped with emergency oxygen masks.)

"You can't find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don't open," Romney told the Times, suggesting that additional oxygen in the cabin during the electrical malfunction could've alleviated the problem. In fact, if there were an electrical fire on board, additional oxygen would have fed the flames.

Strangely, Romney seemed to acknowledge the importance of oxygen later in his comments. "Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver," he said.

Hypoxia aboard aircraft has led to many fatalities over the years, including the 1999 crash that killed golfer Payne Stewart. In 2005, Helios Airways Flight 522 crashed, killing all 121 aboard after the crew was incapacitated.

:frusty:

Camerus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on September 25, 2012, 01:58:13 AM
So how about that whole Mitt Romney investing in a state owned Chinese Oil Company* that big investments in Iran?

*no word on what kind of Oil Company.

Cnooc?  I found it 1) incredibly interesting and 2) so not surprising at all.

Valmy

Quote from: Rasputin on September 20, 2012, 05:29:16 PM
i am far more offended that the 47% of our dependent population, all but enslaved to the state, do not seem to care and want to find a way out

i suspect that these people wouldve preferred the tories in 1776

If they were enslaved by the state they would at least be doing some work.  As it is we have massive surplus of labor in the first world with little to do.  We sort of expected this rocky transition stage coming as part of globalization but it might be more difficult to get through than we thought.

Not sure WTF you mean by the Tories comment.  The British didn't give out many handouts to the Colonists.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on September 25, 2012, 08:03:30 AM
Quote from: Rasputin on September 20, 2012, 05:29:16 PM
i am far more offended that the 47% of our dependent population, all but enslaved to the state, do not seem to care and want to find a way out

i suspect that these people wouldve preferred the tories in 1776

If they were enslaved by the state they would at least be doing some work.  As it is we have massive surplus of labor in the first world with little to do.  We sort of expected this rocky transition stage coming as part of globalization but it might be more difficult to get through than we thought.

Not sure WTF you mean by the Tories comment.  The British didn't give out many handouts to the Colonists.

Wasn't the whole problem caused by the fact that the Brits wanted the colonists to give handouts to them?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius