Teaching English to the children of Russian Oligarchs/Mobsters

Started by jimmy olsen, September 16, 2012, 06:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 09:17:23 AM
A prominent family in Novosibirsk is seeking an experienced male teacher for their 12 & 15 year-old daughters.

:lol:  DANGER WILL ROBINSONSKI DANGER

The first time you give them shit about not studying, you suddenly find out that you've "sexually assaulted" them. 

Don't worry about your fingerprints or dental records, they won't be necessary.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: mongers on September 16, 2012, 10:35:08 AM
It reads like a scam email.

I think someone that well off, would have enough contacts in Russia and the wider world to informally find a suitable person without the need to advertise.
The website that was posted at was linked on a reputable job site that I've used to get all my overseas job, but it definitely seems super sketchy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Yeah that does sound a little fishy...

Best case scenario: mom wants some instruction too.

Worst case scenario: :ph34r:

Too bad GaijindM isn't around, maybe he could provide some more insight.

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2012, 10:05:33 AM
I predict they would not hire you because of your Rican heritage.  Russians are wacky that way. -_-
:yes:  I was going to say that being a non-Scandinavian-white American in many parts of Russia would open you up to a lot of abuse.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on September 16, 2012, 11:27:24 AM
I predict they would not hire you because of your Rican heritage.  Russians are wacky that way. -_-
:yes:  I was going to say that being a non-Scandinavian-white American in many parts of Russia would open you up to a lot of abuse.
Well if they limit it to Scandinavian Americans they're not gonna find my qualified applicants.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 11:43:09 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 16, 2012, 11:27:24 AM
Well if they limit it to Scandinavian Americans they're not gonna find my qualified applicants.
:hmm:

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 06:46:14 AM
It's not confined to Moscow, and even if it was isn't Russian GDP per capita is like $13k. I'd be rolling in money.

No you won't. It's not a median. The standard of living is significantly below what you would be used to in rural America. In order to get the standard of living comparable to a middle class person in a Western city, you would be paying through your nose.

Jaron

Tim,

Please do not do this. Your life would be in great danger.

Remember: No one goes into teaching to make money. You will always either be poor, or at least moderately comfortable. You will never have nice things as a teacher. Your reward is not meant to be material, but spiritual. If the carrot being dangled in front of you appears too sweet, it probably is.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on September 16, 2012, 01:29:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 06:46:14 AM
It's not confined to Moscow, and even if it was isn't Russian GDP per capita is like $13k. I'd be rolling in money.

No you won't. It's not a median. The standard of living is significantly below what you would be used to in rural America. In order to get the standard of living comparable to a middle class person in a Western city, you would be paying through your nose.
IDK what median income is in Novosibirsk, or how easy it is to gain access to luxury goods associated with the European-American Middle Class.  This seems like a fair point, but I think it's pretty likely that cost of living is way lower in Sibirsk than Moscow.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Phillip V

Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2012, 02:07:23 PM
Tim,

Remember: No one goes into teaching to make money. You will always either be poor, or at least moderately comfortable. You will never have nice things as a teacher. Your reward is not meant to be material, but spiritual. If the carrot being dangled in front of you appears too sweet, it probably is.
Barack Obama was a teacher and is now quite wealthy and powerful.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2012, 02:31:34 PM
But not as a teacher. :P
Precisely. It was a stepping stone, just like Tim's entry into the Russian oligarchy is a stepping stone to wealth and power.

mongers

Quote from: Phillip V on September 16, 2012, 02:29:31 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2012, 02:07:23 PM
Tim,

Barack Obama was a teacher and is now quite wealthy and powerful.

Tim should write a best selling book detailing his troubles with other posters and another tome about his alt-hist vision for the future.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"