Teaching English to the children of Russian Oligarchs/Mobsters

Started by jimmy olsen, September 16, 2012, 06:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

It sounds great until you realize that Russia has one of the highest drug addict and HIV rates in Europe, so be careful what you buy with that cash.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

What city, Timmy?  If you make that much money in Omsk, there's just not going to be anything to spend it on.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: Syt on September 16, 2012, 09:07:11 AM
It sounds great until you realize that Russia has one of the highest drug addict and HIV rates in Europe, so be careful what you buy with that cash.

When I go to arab world I bring my own bacon.

If I ever go to russia I will bring my own condoms.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on September 16, 2012, 09:14:30 AM
What city, Timmy?  If you make that much money in Omsk, there's just not going to be anything to spend it on.
Current ad

QuoteA prominent family in Novosibirsk is seeking an experienced male teacher for their 12 & 15 year-old daughters.
Job Details

Both daughters attend an international school and require special help with their homework. They also require additional ESL lessons through explicit instruction and activities. Approximately 6 hours per/day, Monday-Friday.
Package

-Compensation $6000USD/Monthly
-The teacher will be provided with a private apartment nearby
-Meals provided
-Visa and flight provided
-Saturdays/Sundays off
Teacher Must

-possess a B.Ed/MEd primary + a recognized TESOL/CELTA certificate
-minimum 3 years teaching experience
-be sporty and hygienic
-be well mannered with good organisational skills

Not very sporty  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Novosibirsk is the third largest city in Russia, but that doesn't really mean a whole lot-if you aren't in Petersburg or Moscow you might as well be in Rostov-on-Don.  With that in mind, you could likely afford flying in to Moscow, Beijing or somewhere else interesting on a pretty frequent basis with that kind of cash.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 09:17:23 AM
Current ad

QuoteA prominent family in Novosibirsk is seeking an experienced male teacher for their 12 & 15 year-old daughters.
Job Details

Both daughters attend an international school and require special help with their homework. They also require additional ESL lessons through explicit instruction and activities. Approximately 6 hours per/day, Monday-Friday.
Package

-Meals provided
-Saturdays/Sundays off
Teacher Must

-be sporty and hygienic

Why do the daughters need a male teacher?

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Queequeg

Timmy, I'd read "Snowdrops" before I went over, just to get some kind of a taste for what you're in for.   :lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Phillip V on September 16, 2012, 09:31:10 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 16, 2012, 09:17:23 AM
Current ad

Job Details

Package

-Meals provided
-Saturdays/Sundays off
Teacher Must

-be sporty and hygienic

Why do the daughters need a male teacher?
I also thought that was suspicious.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Could be either parent who wants the sporty male teacher.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

I predict they would not hire you because of your Rican heritage.  Russians are wacky that way. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

It reads like a scam email.

I think someone that well off, would have enough contacts in Russia and the wider world to informally find a suitable person without the need to advertise. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"