News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV - Fall 2012

Started by viper37, September 06, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

So after that Apocalyptic finale, I guess Hell on Wheels is done for good?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Josephus on October 09, 2012, 04:11:22 PM
I hope not.  Still plenty of characters to have their lives made miserable/more miserable.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on October 09, 2012, 04:11:22 PM

It'll get renewed, it's AMC's 2nd biggest show (behind the Walking Dead).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Bigger than Mad Men and Breaking Bad? Really?

I like it and I hope it comes back.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Heh, Morrissey performs on the Colbert Report.

Same hair style as 15 years ago, only grayer.

garbon

I appreciated seeing Lucy Lawless on Parks & Recreation. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on October 09, 2012, 09:41:08 PM

:hmm: Good question.

To google!

Walking dead has an average of 5.24 millions viewers (high of 9 millions with Final Episode of season 2)
Breaking Bad has an average of ~1.5 millions (with an high of 3 millions in season 5)
Mad Men has an average of ~2.5 millions (with an high of of 3.5 millions in season 5)
Hell on Wheels has an average of ~2,75 millions (with an high 4.5 millions in season 1)

Breaking Bad isn't as big as you would think, eh.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 10, 2012, 08:20:58 AM

To google!

Walking dead has an average of 5.24 millions viewers (high of 9 millions with Final Episode of season 2)
Breaking Bad has an average of ~1.5 millions (with an high of 3 millions in season 5)
Mad Men has an average of ~2.5 millions (with an high of of 3.5 millions in season 5)
Hell on Wheels has an average of ~2,75 millions (with an high 4.5 millions in season 1)

Given that it is all about the moral descent of its main character from bad to worse, from somewhat sympathetic to wholly unlikeable, I'm surprised it is as popular as it is.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

To google!

I'm very very surprised. Hell on Wheels is the one I hear people talking about the least. It's also not one that gets as much critical acclaim as all the rest. I'm quite surprised by these figures.

Gups

To google!

BB averaged 2.6m in season 5 according to this

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/09/breaking-bad-midseason-finale-ratings-way-up-over-season-4.html

Eddie Teach

Breaking Bad is also probably the cheapest to produce.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Talking about produce. I was watching Boardwalk Empire last night. The show has, like, a billion producers. How many producers does a show need, ffs.

Real figure is 19.

Gups

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 10, 2012, 09:21:21 AM
Talking about produce. I was watching Boardwalk Empire last night. The show has, like, a billion producers. How many producers does a show need, ffs.

Real figure is 19.

I noticed that. Probably just job title inflation.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Gups on October 10, 2012, 10:08:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 10, 2012, 09:21:21 AM

Real figure is 19.

I noticed that. Probably just job title inflation.

Like the guy who "produces" a cup of coffee from the catering truck?

Valmy

In TV the scriptwriters often get called 'Executive Producer' for some odd reason. So those could be the writers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."