The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 05, 2012, 01:12:36 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2012, 01:11:27 PM
Quote from: Maximus on September 05, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2012, 01:02:22 PM
Just goin' with the flow, man.
That would be nothing new, but you're the only person I've heard talk about them.

Then I envy you  ;)

Self help tip.  You could stop talking about it then you wouldn't have to hear about it.

OKAY THANKS
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2012, 01:43:31 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 05, 2012, 01:12:36 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2012, 01:11:27 PM
Quote from: Maximus on September 05, 2012, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2012, 01:02:22 PM
Just goin' with the flow, man.
That would be nothing new, but you're the only person I've heard talk about them.

Then I envy you  ;)

Self help tip.  You could stop talking about it then you wouldn't have to hear about it.

OKAY THANKS

No need to yell either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: alfred russel on September 05, 2012, 11:41:01 AM
Quote from: Gups on September 05, 2012, 11:31:56 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80731.html#ixzz25bHPABQa

GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan said President Barack Obama's administration "purged" mentions of God from the Democratic Party platform Wednesday.

"I think it's rather peculiar," Ryan said on "Fox & Friends." "It's not in keeping with our founding documents, our founding vision. I'd guess you'd have to ask the Obama administration why they purged all this language from their platform. There sure is a lot of mention of government. I guess I would just put the onus and the burden on them to explain why they did all this, these purges of God."

Do our "founding documents" reference god? The Declaration of Independence references "creator", but I don't think god comes up in the constitution.

Well apparently the Dem leaders grew concerned:

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-change-platform-add-god-jerusalem-211928130--election.html

QuoteEmbarrassed by Republicans, Democrats amended their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Many in the audience booed after the convention chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, ruled that the amendments had been approved despite the fact that a large group of delegates objected. He called for a vote three times before ruling.

Ed Anger

Quoteadd a mention of God

Viking just collapsed and began to froth at the mouth.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Maximus on September 05, 2012, 10:53:04 AM
I don't get the fascination with Michelle Obama's looks. I can't imagine what could be less important.

If we had a royal family, that factor would have been transferred to them.  And since JFK Jr. died, we've lost our amateur equivalent.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 05:22:02 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-change-platform-add-god-jerusalem-211928130--election.html

QuoteEmbarrassed by Republicans, Democrats amended their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Many in the audience booed after the convention chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, ruled that the amendments had been approved despite the fact that a large group of delegates objected. He called for a vote three times before ruling.

That party will simply never, ever grow a fucking backbone.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2012, 05:56:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 05:22:02 PM

That party will simply never, ever grow a fucking backbone.

I enjoyed the climbdown however.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Apparently the President was more than a bit miffed, and got personally involved, with the Jerusalem thing.

Why the party would want to piss off Florida Jews at this point in time, go fig.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2012, 06:16:35 PM
Apparently the President was more than a bit miffed, and got personally involved, with the Jerusalem thing.

Why the party would want to piss off Florida Jews at this point in time, go fig.

So will Obama ever grow a fucking backbone? :P

MadImmortalMan

I see it as completely unimportant, and don't care at all if it's in there. Seems to be a huge reward for almost no cost if it keeps the natives from getting restless.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2012, 06:50:50 PM
So will Obama ever grow a fucking backbone? :P

I dunno;  he's a bit sensitive to the charges that he's some sort of anti-Israeli President, which is all bullshit anyway.  We all know that the black man is muscle for the Jew.
But the whole Jerusalem thing is a rather annoying issue, for both parties.

But, it's better than Mitt's "Well, that's the party's platform, not mine" squirm-out from the party leader.