The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: Gups on September 05, 2012, 11:31:56 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80731.html#ixzz25bHPABQa

GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan said President Barack Obama's administration "purged" mentions of God from the Democratic Party platform Wednesday.

"I think it's rather peculiar," Ryan said on "Fox & Friends." "It's not in keeping with our founding documents, our founding vision. I'd guess you'd have to ask the Obama administration why they purged all this language from their platform. There sure is a lot of mention of government. I guess I would just put the onus and the burden on them to explain why they did all this, these purges of God."

I find it disturbing that the vice presidential candidate of a major party can say something like this.  What about separation of church and state and all that? 

derspiess

I don't see Ryan advocating a theocracy there.  It was just a statement meant to score cheap points in a tight political campaign.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 05, 2012, 06:02:02 PM
I enjoyed the climbdown however.

+1

Oh and I read an article on Biden today and apparently he's one of the people who disliked Obama's dependence on teleprompters. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Their platform also better state that Maputo is the capital of Mozambique. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 08:03:16 PM
Oh and I read an article on Biden today and apparently he's one of the people who disliked Obama's dependence on teleprompters. :D

Right, because speaking extemporaneously works out for Joe so often.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2012, 08:07:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 08:03:16 PM

Right, because speaking extemporaneously works out for Joe so often.  :lol:

Actually the article suggested it is part of his charm with common-folk...which I can see as sometimes it is refreshing to see an old political geezer who isn't so trapped up in his image to not speak his mind. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 08:15:16 PM
Actually the article suggested it is part of his charm with common-folk...which I can see as sometimes it is refreshing to see an old political geezer who isn't so trapped up in his image to not speak his mind. :)

It is part of his charm, and it does work--until shit like "chains" gives FOX fodder, and it lands him on the Daily Show.
But he is a good, old-school retail politician.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2012, 08:18:09 PM

It is part of his charm, and it does work--until shit like "chains" gives FOX fodder, and it lands him on the Daily Show.
It's a shame that those guys can't really make it on the national stage anymore, what with a national 24-hour news cycle and inoffensive empty suits.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2012, 08:30:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2012, 08:18:09 PM

It's a shame that those guys can't really make it on the national stage anymore, what with a national 24-hour news cycle and inoffensive empty suits.

Though on the other hand, there'd be something a little strange about 70-year olds running the nation.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 05:22:02 PM
Well apparently the Dem leaders grew concerned:

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-change-platform-add-god-jerusalem-211928130--election.html

QuoteEmbarrassed by Republicans, Democrats amended their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Many in the audience booed after the convention chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, ruled that the amendments had been approved despite the fact that a large group of delegates objected. He called for a vote three times before ruling.

And there I was thinking this was an onion article... then I actually clicked the link and found out that this is actually a serious news story. I had noticed the story about Ryan criticizing the dems for not having god in their platform. I just though typical GOP fundy nutbags not understanding the first amendment... but then .... Poe's Law strikes again.

helvítis fökkings fökk
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Queequeg on September 05, 2012, 09:05:49 PM
Sandra Fluke is incredibly cute. 

Yeah, if you like 'em manly.  I wonder what she'll do with that extra ten bucks in her pocket now that her whore pills will be paid for by someone else.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Viking

eh?

oh, well you can have dibs on her.... but, while looking for pics of her speaking thinking that I might have missed something I found this

why am I not surprised.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on September 05, 2012, 09:19:38 PM

eh?

oh, well you can have dibs on her.... but, while looking for pics of her speaking thinking that I might have missed something I found this

why am I not surprised.

Most speeches are released to the press ahead of time.  But I'm sure the urge to make fun of Fox News is too much to resist