The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2012, 09:36:37 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2012, 09:32:40 AM
Yes, it makes so much more sense to have amateur know-nothings running the biggest organization in the world.  At least they have "real life experience".  :rolleyes:

The public sector is a world in itself. It operates under different conditions than the private sector. The latter is the real world. I don't want amateurs running any country, but a career politican ends up deciding on stuff he never really experienced, precisely because he has been on the track of being the detached aristocracy of his world since college.

Okay, if this so, then why bring people from the Private sector into govern the public?  They would be totally out of their element.  Of course, the Private sector is not anymore real then the public.  It's absurd to say so.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2012, 09:37:46 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2012, 09:34:56 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2012, 09:16:18 AM
Oh, man.  That sounds a lot like the real world so many of us can relate to.
Yeah, we all can so relate to being a CEO of a corporate chop shop.  Now that's the kind of experience that schmoes like you can relate to.

uh-oh! rich people! we will get cooties!

Tamas once touched a rich person.  He didn't was his hands for a month.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

That's the one thing that disturbed me during all the speeches throughout the GOP Convention last week;  everybody lauded their self-starting parents, or the businesses they built, or how AB and C started XY and Z and thrived, etc.   It was all about the one-in-a-million success stories.

No mention of the rest of America's work force that didn't start a business and get rich off of it--or those that started businesses and failed miserably.

It was a celebration of all the Mittenses of the world, to the exclusion of everybody else.

Tamas

There is a key relation between the private and the public sector: the former finances the latter. The latter exists to help the former. Not the other way around.

So when Obama reminds me of the public administration people who think that the private sector is just some sideattachment to the awesome civilization which is state bureaocracy (god damn that word!), I get annoyed/worried.

Also people living off government handouts or public sector jobs must STFU because they are living off of the private sector's contributions and are either hangers-by or mere administrators of society and economy.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2012, 09:49:41 AM

That's the one thing that disturbed me during all the speeches throughout the GOP Convention last week;  everybody lauded their self-starting parents, or the businesses they built, or how AB and C started XY and Z and thrived, etc.   It was all about the one-in-a-million success stories.

No mention of the rest of America's work force that didn't start a business and get rich off of it--or those that started businesses and failed miserably.

It was a celebration of all the Mittenses of the world, to the exclusion of everybody else.

they certainly seem to go overboard. But the DGullers and Razes of the world go overboard the other way

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on September 04, 2012, 09:32:40 AM
Yes, it makes so much more sense to have amateur know-nothings running the biggest organization in the world.  At least they have "real life experience".  :rolleyes:
Elected representatives are not supposed to be administrators, they're supposed to be policymakers. A broad range of experience is preferable to narrow in that case.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2012, 09:51:23 AM
Also people living off government handouts or public sector jobs must STFU because they are living off of the private sector's contributions and are either hangers-by or mere administrators of society and economy.

Wrong, you fucking fucktard; "government handouts" and "public sector jobs" are funded by the taxpayers, not the the private sector's contributions.

You're really starting to get on my nerves this morning with your bullshit.  Don't make me Martify your dumb ass so early in the fucking day.

Gups

I don't think you can tell how good a president will be on the basis of his former profession let alone such a blunt instrument of whether its in the public (army general, headmaster, janitor) or private sector (CEO of car company, software engineer, factory drone) .

Most politicians seems to be have been lawyers. And a few of them have even been OK.

JacobL

Quote from: Gups on September 04, 2012, 10:10:17 AM
I don't think you can tell how good a president will be on the basis of his former profession let alone such a blunt instrument of whether its in the public (army general, headmaster, janitor) or private sector (CEO of car company, software engineer, factory drone) .

Most politicians seems to be have been lawyers. And a few of them have even been OK.
So Back to the Future 2 solution and abolish all lawyers.  :hmm:  Worth a try.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2012, 09:49:41 AM

Who wants to celebrate mediocrity?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2012, 10:01:25 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2012, 09:51:23 AM

Wrong, you fucking fucktard; "government handouts" and "public sector jobs" are funded by the taxpayers, not the the private sector's contributions.

You're really starting to get on my nerves this morning with your bullshit.  Don't make me Martify your dumb ass so early in the fucking day.

I am not sure what's the difference there. Tax income is from the private sector. Taxes on public sector employees? Come on, they get their salary FROM tax money to begin with. They just channel some of it back.

Berkut

I don't care so much about whether a candidate has a private or public sector background.

Frankly, the decisions the POTUS has to make are such that no possible previous experience is going to be directly applicable anyway.

Being president is nothing like running Bain Capital or the Harvard Law Review.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on September 04, 2012, 10:40:48 AM
I don't care so much about whether a candidate has a private or public sector background.

Frankly, the decisions the POTUS has to make are such that no possible previous experience is going to be directly applicable anyway.

Being president is nothing like running Bain Capital or the Harvard Law Review.

Some executive experience does help, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2012, 10:40:21 AM
I am not sure what's the difference there. Tax income is from the private sector. Taxes on public sector employees? Come on, they get their salary FROM tax money to begin with. They just channel some of it back.

Tax income comes from private sector employees.  As we know, the private sector industry itself does a fine job dodging as many taxes as possible.
I hope a public sector employee pulls you over and beats you with his channeled back nightstick, you fucking tard.