News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neil Armstrong RIP

Started by Sheilbh, August 25, 2012, 02:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

It was around the time Halley's Comet swung by.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Yeah, I was too young to remember anything but the Challenger explosion, although they were still talking about Skylab when I started reading.  In retrospect, it seemed kind of obvious that the US was starting to run down the space program, and now they're probably done for good.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Maladict

Same for me, Halley and Challenger.

DGuller

It makes me sad to think that the next generation probably won't see space shuttle explosions.  :(

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on August 26, 2012, 11:50:00 AM
It makes me sad to think that the next generation probably won't see space shuttle explosions.  :(

They'll see terrorists pay Russia 10 million bucks to fly a spaceship into the Empire State Building.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

sbr

The Tour de France thing is almost understandable, the HIMYM one?   :lmfao:  or :huh:  haven't decided.

Razgovory

This is why Twitter is a bad thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Ah you are one of those who blame the tool when stupid people use it.

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on August 26, 2012, 02:26:54 PM
Ah you are one of those who blame the tool when stupid people use it.

Before, Twitter I wouldn't have known these people existed or that they were this stupid.  Every day Twitter exists my faith in humanity weakens.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Habbaku on August 25, 2012, 05:58:13 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 25, 2012, 05:43:29 PM
Who have thought that the experienced pilots and scientists who first visited the moon, would now be into old age and passing away, yet still no other humans have followed in their footsteps.

:huh:
If it actually happened.
PDH!

Siege

Somebody is covering up his tracks.
I heard Neil was about to come clean on his part in the Hoax.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

HVC

I thought myth busters made you believe in the space landing, siege?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

I'm pretty sure The Fighting Hebrew is being ironical.

HVC

It's hard to tell with him lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.