And we're back!

Main Menu

Neil Armstrong RIP

Started by Sheilbh, August 25, 2012, 02:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Yep, too bad. :(

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/25/us-usa-neilarmstrong-idUSBRE87O0B020120825

Quote(Reuters) - Former U.S. astronaut, Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, has died at the age of 82, U.S. media reported on Saturday.

Armstrong underwent a heart-bypass surgery earlier this month, just two days after his birthday on August 5, to relieve blocked coronary arteries.

As commander of the Apollo 11 mission, Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the moon on July 20, 1969. As he stepped on the moon's dusty surface, Armstrong said: "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind."

The Apollo 11 moon mission turned out to be Armstrong's last space flight. The following year he was appointed to a desk job, being named NASA's deputy associate administrator for aeronautics in the office of advanced research and technology.

He left NASA a year later to become a professor of engineering at the University of Cincinnati.

The former astronaut lived in the Cincinnati area with his wife, Carol.

(Reporting by Sandra Maler; Editing by Philip Barbara)

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

Not a good week for Armstrongs.  :(

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Scipio

Now Siege will never know the truth...
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Zanza

The Brain

RIP

Seems awfully convenient that one of the main witnesses to the alleged landing just happens to die.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

When will they ever learn to stop staffing the weekend desk with interns

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 25, 2012, 03:54:08 PM
When will they ever learn to stop staffing the weekend desk with interns

:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

RIP  :(

Who have thought that the experienced pilots and scientists who first visited the moon, would now be into old age and passing away, yet still no other humans have followed in their footsteps.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

Quote from: mongers on August 25, 2012, 05:43:29 PM
Who have thought that the experienced pilots and scientists who first visited the moon, would now be into old age and passing away, yet still no other humans have followed in their footsteps.

:huh:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien