Missouri Republican: 'Legitimate rape' rarely causes pregnancy

Started by CountDeMoney, August 20, 2012, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Anyway, I've never been more proud to live in this hill-billy paradise.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2012, 04:05:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 04:00:35 PM
Oh, I can think of more fucked up ways.  The unfounded allegations were based on unreleased personal information, that is the crux of the whole matter.

No they weren't.  They were purportedly based on something a Bain investor said to Harry.

Now it would be accurate to say that the only way to conclusively refute this bizarre-ass allegation would be to release Romney's tax records.  But with the exception of Harry Reid, you, Seedy, and maybe that nutcase from Vermont, no one thinks the allegation needs refuting.

Really?  I bet I could find one other person.  If this is all about allegations made toward a Presidential candidate why the devil did you bring up Eric Holder?  Tell me, what should we think about Romney's refusal to release his tax forms?  And while we are on the subject, could you tell me what is so "Bizarre-ass" about the allegation?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 04:10:08 PM
Really?  I bet I could find one other person.  If this is all about allegations made toward a Presidential candidate why the devil did you bring up Eric Holder?  Tell me, what should we think about Romney's refusal to release his tax forms?  And while we are on the subject, could you tell me what is so "Bizarre-ass" about the allegation?

You're right, you could probably find at least one more person.  There are still people who watch MSNBC.

I brought up Eric Holder because the devil you changed the subject from wacko allegations to unreleased information.

I've already answered Jacob's question on Romney's tax returns.  He doesn't want to provide more grist for the Democratic demonization mill.

The bizarre-ass-edness of the allegations lies in the near metaphysical impossibility of having zero tax liability for 10 years in a row combined with the extreme unlikelihood of a person of Romney's wealth going unaudited for 10 years while claiming zero tax liability.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on August 20, 2012, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 20, 2012, 03:46:29 PM
The US has moved a lot further along the path towards the world in The Handmaid's Tale than I ever imagined.

Except the dude is being rightly pilloried for his comments about "legitimate rape".

Guy is getting pilloried, but the legislation is still getting pushed in various ways in different states.

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on August 20, 2012, 04:20:22 PM
The US has moved a lot further along the path towards the world in The Handmaid's Tale than I ever imagined.

Except the dude is being rightly pilloried for his comments about "legitimate rape".

Guy is getting pilloried, but the legislation is still getting pushed in various ways in different states.

He's getting pilloried for the "gaffe" of saying out loud how he justifies his otherwise immoral stance on forcing rape victims to give birth to their rapists child.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 20, 2012, 04:20:22 PM

Can you clarify what elements you think echo said novel?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2012, 04:18:14 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 04:10:08 PM

You're right, you could probably find at least one more person.  There are still people who watch MSNBC.

I brought up Eric Holder because the devil you changed the subject from wacko allegations to unreleased information.

I've already answered Jacob's question on Romney's tax returns.  He doesn't want to provide more grist for the Democratic demonization mill.

The bizarre-ass-edness of the allegations lies in the near metaphysical impossibility of having zero tax liability for 10 years in a row combined with the extreme unlikelihood of a person of Romney's wealth going unaudited for 10 years while claiming zero tax liability.

What could possibly be in those tax forms that hurt Romney?   :goodboy:  I've had zero tax liability for like 10 years, so it's not that impossible.  And haven't people been able to avoid taxes for years without getting caught?  Especially if you shift you money to off shore accounts.  I bet that helps.

So basically you are saying Harry Reid is claiming there are bad things in Romney's taxes and he's a liar but Romeny shouldn't release those taxes because there potential bad things in there.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 04:31:31 PM
What could possibly be in those tax forms that hurt Romney?

I could swear I just answered that question again.

QuoteSo basically you are saying Harry Reid is claiming there are bad things in Romney's taxes and he's a liar but Romeny shouldn't release those taxes because there potential bad things in there.

At no time have I said Romney shouldn't release his tax records.  I'm basically saying Reid can back up his bizarre allegation with proof, back down, or live with being a non-credible wingnut.

derspiess

Reports are that Akin will officially withdraw by tomorrow evening.  And apparent Ashcroft is one of the possible replacement candidates :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2012, 04:38:30 PM
Reports are that Akin will officially withdraw by tomorrow evening.  And apparent Ashcroft is one of the possible replacement candidates :lol:

Frying Pan; Fire WTF?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2012, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 04:31:31 PM
What could possibly be in those tax forms that hurt Romney?

I could swear I just answered that question again.

QuoteSo basically you are saying Harry Reid is claiming there are bad things in Romney's taxes and he's a liar but Romeny shouldn't release those taxes because there potential bad things in there.

At no time have I said Romney shouldn't release his tax records.  I'm basically saying Reid can back up his bizarre allegation with proof, back down, or live with being a non-credible wingnut.

How can Reid find proof?  Did most Republicans regard Reid as credible before this?

Ed Anger

I'd vote for a rock covered in shit before I'd vote for a woman.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2012, 04:38:30 PM

He just had a nasty primary race.  I would think they would pick someone from that race to run.  Probably Mr. "I'm a business man!" John Brunner.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on August 20, 2012, 04:49:39 PM
How can Reid find proof?  Did most Republicans regard Reid as credible before this?

I'm pretty sure he can't.  No clue.