News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on August 25, 2012, 07:54:29 AM
I finished exploring the Black Citadel before lunch without any further issues. Trying to log in now, but it seems login servers are overloaded/busy/down? Launcher doesn't initialize.

I'm playing on medium settings, but the game still looks pretty good.

How good is your vid card?

I'm wondering if this game is playable using the onboard card I got with the system. Just bought the computer a couple months ago, so it should be pretty decent. I hope.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I'm running an nVidia GTX555M in my notebook, 2GB. I can run, say, SWTOR, GTA4, Batman ArkAs, or Civ5 with all bells and whistles.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

I have a year and a half old computer and the graphics card wasn't the latest then.  I can run it at a full 1920x1080, but there's just enough stutter that I take it down some.

Syt

Oh yeah, I run in 1920x1200, too.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

I just got in, and its downloading a patch.  Crossing fingers.

Syt

I can log in now, but the game doesn't load. Also, the launcher gives me critical disk write errors if I leave it on too long, two of them during patch download. Either the hd is faulty (already checked, it's fine), or the game's data is corrupted. Guess it's time for a fresh install.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Game runs fine after re-install. Except that after 90 minutes my computer shut down due to CPU overheating. It may be because I have increased the view distance.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Got my guardian to level 9 and my elementalist to level 10.  :cool:

One hint guys - crafting gives ton of xp. Since my mage is more squishy, I found myself a bit stuck at level 9 as I had nowhere to go for new hearts etc. and just grinding in this game gives very little of xp - then I decided to craft a little and discovered three recipes as a tailor - lo and behold, I got about 600 xp per pop and then it gives me 600 xp every time I create one of the items I discovered (a rune of life which is sort of like enchantment in WoW). This is awesome. I got from level 9 to 10 on my elementalist just by crafting.

Cecil

What is this overheating you have? I´m running on max and my computer is snoring at this.  ;)

crazy canuck

I think I am going to go with a guardian as my first toon.  Not sure about my crafting skills yet.   

crazy canuck

Things I really like about this game and why it would be very hard to go back to a traditional MMO.

No node stealing
No quest hubs or quest collecting
dynamic everything

sbr

I have been thinking about getting this for a while.  Outside of a couple 10 day trials of WoW and a few solo month-long trips through LoTRO I haven't done the MMO thing before.  I haven't worked much in the last 6 weeks so it likely won't be immediately, but probably soon.

Berkut

So is there an American server we are looking to get on?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: Cecil on August 25, 2012, 06:08:16 PM
What is this overheating you have? I´m running on max and my computer is snoring at this.  ;)

My notebook is about a year and a half old (see thread http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,4863.0.html ). It seems that it's core 4 that the game is taxing the most. I've switched off all the bells and whistles on Win7 (i.e. Aero etc.), cleaned the laptop as best as I can, have sufficient airflow (laptop is about an inch above solid surface), so I'm rather stumped. Gfx card is having no problems.

Guess it's time to bring the thing to the shop and have it professionally cleaned.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Yeah, tried changing the core affinity for GW2 to the first three cores, but now Core 0 and 1 heat up over 90 degrees. Mind you, SWTOR goes into the high 80s, most other games leave the CPU in the 70s (yeah I know that biggest load on MMOs is the CPU).
—Stephen Jay Gould