News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

You can't walk through a province with an enemy fort that you haven't captured, no?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Yeah, but my point was that I couldn't seem to leave Byzantium.  I had it under siege and my army there wasn't permitted to move at all.  That seems weird to me.  I guess maybe that fort's ZOC extended into all of the provinces around it, but they were my provinces including Edirne which also has a fort. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Could be.  But God seems to have left the side of the Greeks now as I just got done destroying Trebizond, Athens, and the Morea in my game. :)

Eddie Teach

Ok, this game is on sale for 10 bucks, or I can get the EUIV Collection for 25 bucks, with a bunch of "unit packs". Are they worth it?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

What else is in the collection? Cause no, I wouldn't pay $15 for unit packs
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

It has DLCs too so not a bad buy for an extra $15. Conquest of Paradise, Wealth of Nations, Res Publica.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

then yeah. Don't have Republica, but the other two DLCs are worth if for $15
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Ok, decided to "splurge"* on the collection. Thanks guys.

*Yeah, I know, I'm poor.

Eddie Teach

Missed this feeling, losing track of the hours while playing a game. :thumbsup:

Richard Hakluyt

In cents per hour it is a huge bargain  :cool:

garbon

Looks like p'dox agreed that their fort/ZOC setup was not very intuitive. New plan announced:

QuoteZone of Control Changes (Free Feature)
The fort rework in 1.12 added a much more strategic element to warfare, but with it came some complicated rules and confusion over what exactly forts were and were not allowed to block. To simplify the system and make it more intuitive, we've decided to make the following changes:
- Forts that have been captured by the enemy will now have a Zone of Control and block movement for enemies of controller.
- Forts now have Zone of Control over any country's provinces (but can only flip control back over your own owned provinces) meaning they can block enemy movement through friendly & neutral land. Movement through a country's own provinces cannot be blocked if a fort from that country is protecting those provinces.
- Provinces can now be in the Zone of Control of multiple forts.
- Moving through Zones of Control should now result in fewer unnecessarily long paths.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Caliga

In my current game as LOL OTTOMON EMPIRE, I recently conquered Ragusa, which basically had become Bosnia, and all of the sudden Austria, Hungary, Poland, the Pope, etc. (basically everyone in Central Europe) forms a Coalition against me.  Then, I turned East and conquered Iraq and took the rest of the Levant from the Mamluks... and Najd joined that Coalition. :hmm:

How can I 'examine' a Coalition?  When I go to the Diplomacy screen of anyone in it it only says 'In a coalition against Ottomans'.

Anyway, I guess that's it for expansion into the Balkans for a while. <_<

MadBurgerMaker

You just want to see who's in it?  There's a map mode that shows that.