News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

How often do they have armies left over though?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The music add on for the expansion are five songs from Swedish metal band Sabaton (who frequently sing about historical topics).
:lol:

1. A Lifetime Of War
2. Art Of War
3. The Lion From The North
4. Carolus Rex
5. Karolinens Bön

Too bad I don't like Sabaton. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2015, 07:28:59 PM
Ooh, this change looks fun. :D

Quote- The remaining armies of a country annexed as a result of a peace treaty now become nationalist rebels.
That shouldn't always happen though. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2015, 12:15:58 PM
The music add on for the expansion are five songs from Swedish metal band Sabaton (who frequently sing about historical topics).

1. A Lifetime Of War
2. Art Of War
4. Carolus Rex
5. Karolinens Bön

No Falalalan?  :(

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2015, 12:15:58 PM

1. A Lifetime Of War
2. Art Of War
4. Carolus Rex
5. Karolinens Bön

what happened to approriate music?

Syt

Well, they're songs about the period. Though not period music. You can find them on YouTube.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Ghost Division is appropriate for bouncing-around-impossible-to-trap AI armies. Don't know if that's still a thing in EU.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2015, 02:15:22 PM
Well, they're songs about the period. Though not period music. You can find them on YouTube.
they stand out as a sore thumb in relation to the original music.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

I keep getting stray mentions of "favors", though they don't seem to be actually implemented without the expansion.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2015, 09:32:48 PM
I keep getting stray mentions of "favors", though they don't seem to be actually implemented without the expansion.  :hmm:

I played for a few hours as Saxony yesterday (mind you, I've previously spent a total of 6 hours in game, so I have hardly a clue of what's going on). I helped my ally Brunswick in a war, and I received 27 favor when it was over. When I later went to war with Würzburg, I could call in Brunswick, but not Poland, because a) they couldn't reach and b) because I didn't have enough favor (they will help in defensive wars, though).

Anyways, Bavaria later DOW'ed me, and though I technically won (thanks to Poland - otherwise Bavaria had three times my troop strength), I was in debt and without troops. Next Brunswick turned on me, and then Bavaria attacked again, so by 1490 I was down to two provinces and quit. :blush:

Not sure how much the estates system influences anything yet. You get events and decisions that will affect their loyalty/influence and you have some actions (e.g. you can pump the burghers for money or the nobility for manpower). I presume less loyalty makes them more likely to rebel, but not sure about influence.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

So far I like 1.14, although it seems to run slower on my computer. Did they add provinces?

But I don't feel like paying €20 for the DLC where the only headline feature I sort of want is the advanced cultural change. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

:rolleyes: really? The most unrealistic, nazi fan service feature is the one you want most?

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on December 02, 2015, 06:53:14 AM
:rolleyes: really? The most unrealistic, nazi fan service feature is the one you want most?

Yes, I play it very megalomaniacally when I rule a nation through 400 years in a historical game. You are allowed to find that strange, but I really don't give a shit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk