News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

hey does anyone know the rule behind when the ally of your ally joins your war. I can never figure it out. For instance currently playing as Portugal and Morocco and her allies attacked me.
My only ally was Castille. Castille joined my war and so did her allies, Aragon and Naples. Which was good. But in my previous game as Sweden whenever I attacked Livonia, which I noticed was only allied to Austira, all of Austria's allies also joined.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

In past versions the war leadership could switch to a bigger country, i.e. attack a OPM and face France. Not sure if that's still around. The war leader could then call all his allies.

Liep

Now it's only if you're attacking a vassal or junior PU-member. I think. Austria will always call its allies if you're attacking a member of the HRE.

Or, of course, if you accidentally click that button that makes them a target in the war screen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

No, none of those apply in this case. I, Portugal, is not a vassal nor a PU. Morocco attacked me. My ally Castille joined, and so did Castille's allies. :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Morocco could've ticked Castille as a co-target.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

I think Aragon/Naples were subjects of Castille--that's the only explanation i can think of.
Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

The next expansion is looking good. The randomly generated world doesn't even look retarded anymore. :o

Caliga

I bought the Common Sense expansion last week when it was on sale but haven't even had time to try it yet... just got back at midnight last night from a business trip and am in the office working today. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

I am just playing a game as England to see the new features parliament (from Common Sense) and exploration (from El Dorado). So far I really like it, although the fort mechanic is not really all that clear to me. England is incredibly strong in the 1444 scenario. I was not at war with France, so I left them alone and they left me alone. I conquered most of Ireland, vassalized Scotland, vassalized and diplo-annexed Britanny and conquered parts of the Netherlands. It's about 1499 now and I don't have the range to settle North America yet. :(

The Portuguese and Spanish are rather busy along the African coastline which will make it hard to get a foothold in the important Ivory Coast CoT.

I currently consider whether or not I should attack France by declaring war on their Irish OPM ally. My allies Castille, Portugal, Aragon and Austria would join it. It's almost too easy...

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on October 12, 2015, 11:38:05 AM
England is incredibly strong in the 1444 scenario. I was not at war with France, so I left them alone and they left me alone.

I bet Henry VI wishes that is how that truce worked out. In real life the French were gearing up to invade Gascony.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

I guess me allying Castille and Austria one day one and France being busy fighting against the Burgundian hordes put a damper to that plan. And their initial king had the "diplomat" personality, so he was rather risk averse I guess.

I actually got a heir and then Henry IV was replaced by Margaret d'Anjou by and event. My heir died so I had a brief war of roses in the 1490s. Lancaster destroyed York, but I got Henry Tudor as an heir through an event. He is older than my current king though, so I guess the Tudors may not happen in my timeline.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on October 12, 2015, 11:55:34 AM
I guess me allying Castille and Austria one day one and France being busy fighting against the Burgundian hordes put a damper to that plan. And their initial king had the "diplomat" personality, so he was rather risk averse I guess.

Charles VII was a mercilous lying asshole so that is funny. I guess his ability to manipulate the idiotic Henry VI got him that trait.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zanza

Hmm, their king when I looked was Louis IX, so maybe Charles VII died early.

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on October 12, 2015, 11:58:45 AM
Hmm, their king when I looked was Louis IX, so maybe Charles VII died early.

Got it. Louis must have been a kid. That would have changed things.

Josephus

I find France is not especially aggressive in the latest xp.
Civis Romanus Sum