And we're back!

Main Menu

Cheesesteak

Started by garbon, August 02, 2012, 02:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: katmai on August 02, 2012, 06:48:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 02, 2012, 06:42:48 PM
Haha. I'm going to be at the Westin on South 17th.

Wolf's Market, 1500 locust.  :P

I heard you. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Ooooh, that's a nice one, too.  Bank those Starpoints, sister!

katmai

Just making sure, as see no reason to listen to a Bucks County boy who left the area 15 some years ago compared to myself who spent 5 years working in the City. :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Good choice.  I am a: Starwood Preferred Guest. :cool:

Honestly I don't know Center City all that well re: steak shops.  There was a good joint in the Northeast or Fox Chase (forget which) when I was a kid, and my dad found a good one at the place he used to work right by Joe Frazier's old gym (which I think was in Frankford?)  Pat's and Geno's are in South Philly.

My favorite places are near where I grew up, which is not a coincidence I'm sure.  There's a place called Lee's Hoagie House that is now a regional chain that had great steaks.  I see that there's one of those now on Walnut Street, but that's on the other side of the Schuylkill so wouldn't be close to you.

There's another place I like called Steak and Hoagie Factory, which I see is also now a chain (so Cal does have good judgment, you see :cool: ) and there appears to be one of those on Philmont Avenue, but that's nowhere near you either.

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 06:50:05 PM
:smoke:

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 06:50:05 PM

The Sofitel around the corner is a nice one.

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on August 02, 2012, 06:51:28 PM
Just making sure, as see no reason to listen to a Bucks County boy who left the area 15 some years ago compared to myself who spent 5 years working in the City. :D
Yes, but I'm an extremely excellent and important individual.  I don't know shit about center city eateries tho (which I conceded in the post I just made, you'll see).

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on August 02, 2012, 06:54:12 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 02, 2012, 06:51:28 PM
I don't know shit about center city eateries tho (which I conceded in the post I just made, you'll see).

It was noted, yeah I spent all my working time in Center City/ South Philly with the rare shoot over in West Philly.

Caliga

katmai

CountDeMoney

There's also a few very cool old bookshops right up the street (east?) from the main Public Library building, the kind of artsy-fartsy ones that have great sidewalk sales;  you can always manage to trip over a hard-to-find paperback in those places.

Caliga

books?  ok, Grandpa. :yuk:

garbon

Cal - I'm just going down for fun, so I doubt that I'll just be anchored to where I'm staying. :P

And Kat, thanks - I'm just gathering all different opinions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 02, 2012, 06:59:02 PM
There's also a few very cool old bookshops right up the street (east?) from the main Public Library building, the kind of artsy-fartsy ones that have great sidewalk sales;  you can always manage to trip over a hard-to-find paperback in those places.

Used books are my great weakness. :blush:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on August 02, 2012, 06:51:48 PM
Good choice.  I am a: Starwood Preferred Guest. :cool:

Hilton Honors FTW :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall