News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cheesesteak

Started by garbon, August 02, 2012, 02:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I think I'll stop at Capriotti's on the way home...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 07:03:02 PM
Hilton Honors FTW :angry:
There's a Westin right across the street (and by street I really mean like an alley) from my Chicago office, so it'd be silly for me to stay anywhere else.  That said, I have to go up next week and the Westin was sold out... my lazyass admin didn't call and yell at them to make room for me anyway, but instead booked me at The Amalfi.  Only four stars, and no goddamn SPG points. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 02, 2012, 07:03:02 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 02, 2012, 06:51:48 PM
Good choice.  I am a: Starwood Preferred Guest. :cool:

Hilton Honors FTW :angry:

Fuck them. So many sub-par hiltons these days and they were (are?) super quick to suspend your membership.

I'm kinda partial to the Omni as they are super nice from day 1 of being a member. Was sold out when I booked my hotel today though...-_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Also, the Westin I usually stay at smells weird.  It smells like they are perfurming the air with some woodlike scent. :hmm:

Caliga

Because I want my main man garbo to have an outstanding cheesesteak experience I checked with my brother, who lives in Brookhaven, Delaware County (south of Philly).

He recommends:

Wit or Witout Cheesesteaks, in Brookhaven
Jim's on Sout Schtreet
Tony Luke's on Oregon Avenue at Front St

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 02, 2012, 07:19:59 PM
Because I want my main man garbo to have an outstanding cheesesteak experience I checked with my brother, who lives in Brookhaven, Delaware County (south of Philly).

He recommends:

Tony Luke's on Oregon Avenue at Front St

Huh. ED PREVAILS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on August 02, 2012, 07:19:59 PM
Wit or Witout Cheesesteaks,

How charmingly Filthadelphian.

Caliga

My brother spelled it "Tony Luc's" but I'm sure he's talking about the same place.... and my bro lives outside of, and works in, Philadelphia right now and has for like a decade so I think he gets dibs over katmai.  He's also fatter than katmai these days I'm sure. :)

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 07:23:41 PM
Huh. ED PREVAILS.

I don't think I'll go there. They opened a location near my friend's place in Wildwood Crest, so I could just top there.

Looks like I might go to Jim's (2 recs!) and then if I get rowdy maybe Kat's place as a followup on Sunday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Remember: ORDER IN ENGLISH. :Embarrass:

Ed Anger

Best part of Pat's and Geno's was the people watching.  :)

katmai

We filmed at Jim's with M. Night. :ph34r:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 02, 2012, 03:27:18 PM
I liked Tony Luke's.

Tony Luke's?  Seriously?  I hope you at least went across the street and ate in TL's, instead of standing around the tourist trap, catching the lovely scenery of South Philly and the I95 overpass...
Experience bij!