News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Go...East young man

Started by MadImmortalMan, August 03, 2012, 06:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Looks like the govt should put in some incentives and taxes to cause/force men and women to move to where there are shortages.    ;)    The gender tax! Depending on the overage of a gender in an area, the tax goes up accordingly.   :menace:

I should keep quiet, so the govt doesn't get any ideas.  :ph34r:

alfred russel

Without migration, the country should have more single women because men tend to die earlier.

Another factor that has been mentioned is that immigrants tend to be male, so areas with a lot of immigration will skew male.

Also, I think most college grads are now women. College grads are probably most likely to move to cities after graduation. That effect would make larger cities red, but the effect on individual small towns may not be enough to register on the map even though in aggregate they offset.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 04, 2012, 01:48:00 PM
Depends on age and wealth, when I was growing up college girls in the South were almost universally hot. But they eat just like other Southerners so by the time they're 35 it's a whole different ball game.

Yep.  They are sorta like Russian women that way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on August 04, 2012, 03:34:21 PM
Another factor that has been mentioned is that immigrants tend to be male, so areas with a lot of immigration will skew male.

Ok then explain the Rio Grande Valley.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 04, 2012, 04:13:40 PM

Ok then explain the Rio Grande Valley.

:P It's a factor, not the only factor.

Maybe men are more willing to commute across the border? Women with children have an extra incentive to prefer the US side of the border due to better education opportunities and benefits?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Another possible factor is men in prison.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 04, 2012, 04:32:36 PM
Another possible factor is men in prison.

Yeah, that's a good one, what are there, 1.75 million men in us prisons ?  (NB wild estimate on my part)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

Without migration, the country should have more single women because men tend to die earlier.

Also, I think most college grads are now women. College grads are probably most likely to move to cities after graduation. That effect would make larger cities red, but the effect on individual small towns may not be enough to register on the map even though in aggregate they offset.
Under age 30, American women out-earn men in metropolitan areas. Young educated women have plenty of opportunity to fuck, but then have an increasingly hard time finding a complementary husband. Smart money-making men just play the favorable numbers, especially black males.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on August 04, 2012, 10:04:10 PM
Under age 30, American women out-earn men in metropolitan areas. Young educated women have plenty of opportunity to fuck, but then have an increasingly hard time finding a complementary husband. Smart money-making men just play the favorable numbers, especially black males.

Then the high earner educated single women should net out the low earner educated single men.