News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What household chores do you do?

Started by merithyn, July 19, 2012, 01:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On a regular basis, what chores do you do around the house?

Dishes
Laundry
Sweeping
Dusting
Picking Up
None - that's wimmen's work.

The Larch

Quote from: Brazen on July 20, 2012, 08:14:45 AMBathroom cleaning isn't up there either, which is one of the ickiest but my favourite for effort to reward ratio.

When I shared a flat I always volunteered for bathroom cleaning, as everybody wanted to avoid it. Unless the people living there are complete pigs it shouldn't be too icky, and bathrooms are not that big. Now, kitchen cleaning...

Iormlund

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2012, 08:42:25 AM
Quote from: Brazen on July 20, 2012, 08:14:45 AMBathroom cleaning isn't up there either, which is one of the ickiest but my favourite for effort to reward ratio.

When I shared a flat I always volunteered for bathroom cleaning, as everybody wanted to avoid it. Unless the people living there are complete pigs it shouldn't be too icky, and bathrooms are not that big. Now, kitchen cleaning...

I did the same.

garbon

My sister pointed out to me that my bathroom is the one part of my apt that I always keep pristine. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Hey now, mister, no funny business, you hear? :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 20, 2012, 08:20:41 AM
Quote from: Brazen on July 20, 2012, 08:14:45 AM
My least favourite chore and one that would lend itself better to the stronger sex is vacuuming. Why isn't that on the list? Because the UK is the only nation filthy enough to have wall-to-wall fabric on the floor?

Meri is a peasant and went with sweeping. -_-

Sorry. We've had hardwood floors for the last 10 years. I don't remember the last time I ran a vacuum/hoover.  :blush:

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2012, 08:42:25 AM

I live in a house with three teenage boys. *shudder* I avoid thinking of the bathroom at all costs.

I don't mind it when it's summer and just Max and me, but when the boys are home it's... not a fun job. Plus, while I don't mind scrubbing the tub/shower, it is a good bit of work, so I kind of assumed that it would be a shared job. Didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be.  :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Late to the party.

Needs a, "thats maid's work option"

Also, needs a cooking option.

Cooking, dishes and picking up is done by all.  Laundry goes to the boys and Mrs. CC.  I iron my shirts if that counts.

Dusting and other basics like cleaning, bathrooms, washing floors, vacuuming etc.  Thats maid's work.