What age do you find women to be most attractive?

Started by FunkMonk, July 18, 2012, 07:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age do you find women to be most attractive?

14-17 (Siege pick this)
4 (6.5%)
18-25
21 (33.9%)
26-33
26 (41.9%)
34-41
5 (8.1%)
42-49
2 (3.2%)
50+
1 (1.6%)
I only like women named Jaron
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on July 19, 2012, 10:50:04 PM
I've found the age I find most attractive is whatever age my wife is right now.

See? Sweetest man alive other than Max. :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 11:05:02 PM

Stockholm syndrome :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 11:05:02 PM

Oh he's full of shit
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 19, 2012, 08:23:28 PM
Quote from: Brazen on July 19, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
I was interested to find out the other day that in an era where people married young, women didn't reach puberty until later in life, at around 18. In England, the average in 1840 was 16.5 years, compared to today's average age of menarche of about 12.5 years. Of course, back then they'd squeeze out a baby every year until they dropped dead at 30, but that's a different matter.

I dont think people married at a young age in the 1800s.  As I recall they married later in life because money had to be saved by the husband to be in order to show he was able to support his wife/family.

The claim the women didnt reach puberty until their late teens may simply have been an excuse to put would be husband's off until they gathered more wealth.
Hmm, I failed to complete my chain of thought there. I meant in the Tudor era (think Wolf Hall or Romeo and Juliet) it was common to marry a girl in her early teens, though she may not have reached puberty until several years later.

In the Victorian era, until 1823, the legal age in England for marriage was 21 years for men and women. After 1823, a male could marry as young as fourteen without parental consent, and a girl at 12. Most girls, however, married between the ages of 18 and 23, especially in the upper classes.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen on July 20, 2012, 05:35:43 AM
Hmm, I failed to complete my chain of thought there. I meant in the Tudor era (think Wolf Hall or Romeo and Juliet) it was common to marry a girl in her early teens, though she may not have reached puberty until several years later.

In the Victorian era, until 1823, the legal age in England for marriage was 21 years for men and women. After 1823, a male could marry as young as fourteen without parental consent, and a girl at 12. Most girls, however, married between the ages of 18 and 23, especially in the upper classes.
IIRC marrying kids was more of an upper class thing. They didn't have to worry about whether the husband could support a girl or any of that, the marriages were largely political afterall.
The middle classes meanwhile did tend to get married at a pretty late age since a guy had to finish his apprenticeship and get himself up and running and bringing in the money first.
The poor....I really don't know.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 20, 2012, 12:55:19 AM
18-25. They arent all fucked up yet.

Wrong.  They just haven't started therapy yet.

Ideologue

Gay.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ideologue on July 20, 2012, 02:57:59 PM

Gay.

If the chemical pair bonding theories are correct (oxytocin), then Berkut may be exactly right and for chemical reasons. Nobody on earth would be chemically capable of finding Berkut's wife more attractive than he does due to the pair bond built up between them over time.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers