What age do you find women to be most attractive?

Started by FunkMonk, July 18, 2012, 07:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age do you find women to be most attractive?

14-17 (Siege pick this)
4 (6.5%)
18-25
21 (33.9%)
26-33
26 (41.9%)
34-41
5 (8.1%)
42-49
2 (3.2%)
50+
1 (1.6%)
I only like women named Jaron
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 10:47:15 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 19, 2012, 10:44:54 AM
Quote from: Brazen on July 19, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
I was interested to find out the other day that in an era where people married young, women didn't reach puberty until later in life, at around 18. In England, the average in 1840 was 16.5 years, compared to today's average age of menarche of about 12.5 years.

Really?  That's bizarre.  What happened?

I believe it has something to do with hormones in the milk/beef products.

More likely it has to do with more calories / better nutrition.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 19, 2012, 01:06:17 AM
Toni--this question is the equivalent of "does my ass look fat?". Only idiots answer it.  :P

Confusing me with an (ex-)Army puke.  :mad:

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on July 19, 2012, 10:44:54 AM
Quote from: Brazen on July 19, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
I was interested to find out the other day that in an era where people married young, women didn't reach puberty until later in life, at around 18. In England, the average in 1840 was 16.5 years, compared to today's average age of menarche of about 12.5 years.

Really?  That's bizarre.  What happened?
better (or over :P ) nutrition. Percentage of fat on a girl pushes up puberty. That's why gymnasts are usually delayed in getting their first period and have wonky cylces.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 08:40:18 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 19, 2012, 08:38:17 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 19, 2012, 08:30:09 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2012, 08:22:43 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 19, 2012, 08:20:31 AM

People always skip the OP in polls.  :(
Ya, ya. it all makes sense know. you were the guy hitting on the 14 year old, weren't you? WEREN'T YOU?!?

My cover is blown! :o  :lol:

The question is ... were you.  :ph34r:

Yeah, see, not okay.  <_<

Agreed.

She's probably too inexperienced to be any good at it.  ;)

Ducks, Runs
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

sometimes enthusiasm beats out experience. Not saying i know from personal experience... runs out behind Malthus
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 19, 2012, 10:51:48 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 19, 2012, 01:06:17 AM
Toni--this question is the equivalent of "does my ass look fat?". Only idiots answer it.  :P

Confusing me with an (ex-)Army puke.  :mad:

Damn, I did. It was one in the morning so I get a mulligan.  :sleep:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2012, 11:27:54 AM
sometimes enthusiasm beats out experience. Not saying i know from personal experience... runs out behind Malthus

You two need to work on your e-confidence. Remember, sticks and stones may break your bones, but somebody sitting behind a computer hundreds of miles away can't hurt you. Well, not easily anyway.  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 08:45:47 AM

My guess is this is why men find teenagers attractive.  :ph34r:

Because they have more potential ahead of them to make babies? Yeah probably.

One of the things I like most about women is that they have a much more nuanced view of attraction than men do. For us, it really is pretty shallow.

I think it's because women have wombs and we don't. We have womb envy. If you have a womb, you have a lot more intrinsic value reproductively. A man's reproductive value lies in a one-time payload delivery. So we have to have other skills and stuff so that we have some value to bring to the table in a partnership. Those other things factor into women's attraction to men.

Oh, and that "other stuff we have to bring to the table"--that ties in with the emasculation issue as well. Because it's not good enough that a guy is attractive. He has to have the traits that make women want to be with him for other reasons. Or at least we think so, and get insecure if things happen that threaten our image as having those traits.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

I think the "men do outrageous things because they're insecure" line is often BS.  Sometimes they just OD on testosterone, plain & simple.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 19, 2012, 12:11:35 PM
One of the things I like most about women is that they have a much more nuanced view of attraction than men do. For us, it really is pretty shallow.

I think it's because women have wombs and we don't. We have womb envy. If you have a womb, you have a lot more intrinsic value reproductively. A man's reproductive value lies in a one-time payload delivery. So we have to have other skills and stuff so that we have some value to bring to the table in a partnership. Those other things factor into women's attraction to men.

Oh, and that "other stuff we have to bring to the table"--that ties in with the emasculation issue as well. Because it's not good enough that a guy is attractive. He has to have the traits that make women want to be with him for other reasons. Or at least we think so, and get insecure if things happen that threaten our image as having those traits.

That's interesting. I guess I don't think of men as insecure as a gender. Women, sure. That's a given. But I really never think of men as insecure.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 12:41:12 PM
I think the "men do outrageous things because they're insecure" line is often BS.  Sometimes they just OD on testosterone, plain & simple.

Well, of course, you'd reach for any biological excuse for your behavior.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2012, 08:23:05 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 08:21:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 19, 2012, 08:18:39 AM

Errr, laws like this still exist in the US. E.g. In Arkansas with a parental consent girls can marry at 16 and boys at 17.

Oh. Well that's Arkansas. They're not real people. They're just caricatures of real people. See: The Clintons. :)
Garbs gonna scratch you now

Hillary isn't from Arkansas so why would I care if Meri makes silly comments?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2012, 12:51:30 PM

Errr, laws like this still exist in the US. E.g. In Arkansas with a parental consent girls can marry at 16 and boys at 17.

Oh. Well that's Arkansas. They're not real people. They're just caricatures of real people. See: The Clintons. :)

I was speaking of Bill and George. :contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 12:52:37 PM

I was speaking of Bill and George. :contract:

And as such Hillarious should not have invoked my name.

Malthus

She married a caricature of a real person. Shows bad judgment.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius