News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gentlemen - What emasculates you?

Started by merithyn, July 18, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoGuyWantsAnAmazon

I think the correct term is de-feminizing for it..

but, good effort from us to manage a Misogyny hi-jack on a Emasculation thread.

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 18, 2012, 12:54:38 PM
Where are you from again?  Like I said it is the insecure ones that are apt to feel emasulated.

Yes, it was nice of him to show up as a case in point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Ideologue on July 18, 2012, 01:00:49 PM
Whore cars?

please tell me more about this apparently fascinating proposition
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2012, 01:06:45 PM
This thread is a trap.

Obviously. Meri's making us spoil the recipe for emasculation, so to learn how to better kick us in the nuts. :console:

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2012, 12:30:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 11:49:27 AM
You said Seedy was submissive to all the women in his life.  How is that not emasculating?

Yeah;  I'd like to know how having positive, trusting relationships with the women in my family emasculates me, too.

That's what I didn't understand!  :blink:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maximus

Where are you from again?  Like I said it is the insecure ones that are apt to feel emasulated.
How long have we known derspeiss? Why are you surprised by this?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 12:43:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2012, 12:41:09 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 18, 2012, 12:37:31 PM
But if a woman is trying to put me down, it's time for the walking papers, whether the put-downs concern my masculinity or not.

This. A pattern of insulting behavior is still a pattern of insulting behavior, regardless of who it's from.
You wouldn't take that shit from someone on the street, don't know why anyone would bother putting up with it in an alleged "relationship".

You tell 'em, sistahs. We don't need to put up with no mens making us feel bad about ourselves.

Actually, I was defending the concept of domestic violence upon verbally abusive women.  Ain't nobody above an ass-beating.

Bitch gonna talk shit, she better be able to back it up.

derspiess

Where are you from again?

Why is that important?

QuoteLike I said it is the insecure ones that are apt to feel emasulated.

I'm not insecure.  None of the other stuff mentioned in the thread bothers me.  Being the driver is one of those traditional male roles you just don't mess with.  Thankfully I have a wife that prefers that I drive.  MEN DRIVE.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 18, 2012, 12:37:31 PM
Nothing that I can think of.

But if a woman is trying to put me down, it's time for the walking papers, whether the put-downs concern my masculinity or not.

Oh, I agree completely. That should be a given regardless of gender, etc.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 01:28:11 PM

I'm not insecure.  None of the other stuff mentioned in the thread bothers me.  Being the driver is one of those traditional male roles you just don't mess with.  Thankfully I have a wife that prefers that I drive.  MEN DRIVE.

Why?

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on July 18, 2012, 01:20:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2012, 12:30:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 11:49:27 AM
You said Seedy was submissive to all the women in his life.  How is that not emasculating?

Yeah;  I'd like to know how having positive, trusting relationships with the women in my family emasculates me, too.

That's what I didn't understand!  :blink:

Oh?  You said that he was being controlled by people in his family, that's why he likes making women dance barefoot on Micro Machines or whatever that stupid meme is.

How is that not, at least, insulting? :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on July 18, 2012, 01:31:38 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 01:28:11 PM

Why?

Because MEN DRIVE. 

Jeez...