News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gentlemen - What emasculates you?

Started by merithyn, July 18, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 12:18:23 PM

• Sitting in the passenger seat while a woman drives.  Men drive.  Women sit on the passenger side and touch up their makeup.  That's just the natural order of things.  Only exception here is if I'm drunk.
  • Relinquishing the remote control.  This used to bother me more, but the wife likes watching TV a lot more than I do, so I threw in the towel.

Wow I totally fail on both counts :weep:

I hate driving and my wife usually has the remote.  She watches a crapload of TV and I do not particularly like TV unless it is sports.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 11:49:27 AM
You said Seedy was submissive to all the women in his life.  How is that not emasculating?

Yeah;  I'd like to know how having positive, trusting relationships with the women in my family emasculates me, too.

Drakken

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 12:20:09 PM
Unfortunately for a lot of women that is the best way to get them to like you.

If your aim is to actively seek to make her feel less of a woman, you are actively attempting to hurt her for the sake her hurting her. You are way over demonstrating that you are above her and can put her in her place, and just being a mean motherfucker.

No woman's gonna be attracted to a man calling her "fat" or "small tits" , even he's if Channing Tatum. These are the two insults that will kick a insecure woman into her ovaries as much as actually kicking her between the legs.

Malthus

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 18, 2012, 12:17:49 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 18, 2012, 12:13:41 PM
I'm pretty sure a box cutter could.  :hmm:

I was going to mention that but didn't want to be so crass. :D

If crassness is required, I can provide!

I take the plunge on behalf of us all.   :D

Serious answer though: box-cutters aside, "emasculation" implies something that attacks your role as a man, so what could do it depends entirely on what you think your role as a man is or ought to be at the time (as seperate or in addition to your role as a human being).

Nowadays, that would mostly be for me my role as a father, so anything that attacked my worth as a father would be "emasculating". Provides a bad male role model for my son, that sort of thing.

Stuff like letting my wife drive the car cannot be "emasculating" to me because in my opinion, at least for me, my role as a man does not require being the person who drives the car.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Nothing that I can think of.

But if a woman is trying to put me down, it's time for the walking papers, whether the put-downs concern my masculinity or not.

Viking

you don't call her fat or flat chest, it's more a case of damning by faint praise.

"are you sure you can still fit in to that dress you used when....."

or

"no dear you don't need implants they are fine"

she'll do all the self recrimination herself from then on desperate to make the man in her life happy with her.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

• Sitting in the passenger seat while a woman drives.  Men drive.  Women sit on the passenger side and touch up their makeup.  That's just the natural order of things.  Only exception here is if I'm drunk.
  • Relinquishing the remote control.  This used to bother me more, but the wife likes watching TV a lot more than I do, so I threw in the towel.

Not sure if serious.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 18, 2012, 12:37:31 PM
But if a woman is trying to put me down, it's time for the walking papers, whether the put-downs concern my masculinity or not.

This. A pattern of insulting behavior is still a pattern of insulting behavior, regardless of who it's from.
You wouldn't take that shit from someone on the street, don't know why anyone would bother putting up with it in an alleged "relationship".

Viking

neither of those is emasculating.. not being allowed to drive or not being allowed to handle the clicker from time to time is.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2012, 12:41:09 PM

This. A pattern of insulting behavior is still a pattern of insulting behavior, regardless of who it's from.
You wouldn't take that shit from someone on the street, don't know why anyone would bother putting up with it in an alleged "relationship".

You tell 'em, sistahs. We don't need to put up with no mens making us feel bad about ourselves.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

Quote from: Malthus on July 18, 2012, 12:35:46 PM
Serious answer though: box-cutters aside, "emasculation" implies something that attacks your role as a man, so what could do it depends entirely on what you think your role as a man is or ought to be at the time (as seperate or in addition to your role as a human being).

Nowadays, that would mostly be for me my role as a father, so anything that attacked my worth as a father would be "emasculating". Provides a bad male role model for my son, that sort of thing.

Stuff like letting my wife drive the car cannot be "emasculating" to me because in my opinion, at least for me, my role as a man does not require being the person who drives the car.  :D

I agree, although women also have a social construct, an image, even a fantasy on how a "manly" man should act and behave. While some things may not be emasculating to you, the woman might see it as such and change her behavior accordingly. Then again, it's where good communication sinks in.

As I've written above, the main unit of measure is respect. It's something that cannot be explained to a woman, you just feel it. You feel secure, you feel on common grounds, and you feel like you have the full support of your woman in your life, and that she counts on you to help her and protect her if she ever needs it.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 12:43:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 18, 2012, 12:41:09 PM

You tell 'em, sistahs. We don't need to put up with no mens making us feel bad about ourselves.

That's some pretty good emasculation right there.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Scipio

You know what would emasculate me?  If someone cut off my cock and balls.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 12:40:02 PM

Not sure if serious.

MEN DRIVE.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2012, 12:53:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 18, 2012, 12:40:02 PM

Not sure if serious.

MEN DRIVE.

Where are you from again?  Like I said it is the insecure ones that are apt to feel emasulated.