News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gentlemen - What emasculates you?

Started by merithyn, July 18, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

So, I've been trying to work out this whole "emasculation" thing. I obviously don't get it, and I never have. I'm not 100% sure that there's a way to defeminize a woman, so I don't think I ever will get it on my own. Ergo, I come to you guys.

I've heard the following can - and often does - emasculate a man:

• Earning less than his spouse
  • Being too close to his mother
  • Being too thin/fat
  • Being out-drunk by a woman

What does it take for you to feel "emasculated"? CAN something make you feel less than a man?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Huh.  :hmm:

Not sure.  But I don't get too wrapped up in my gender-identity.  I am just here to do the best I can.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

You said Seedy was submissive to all the women in his life.  How is that not emasculating?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

• Getting beaten by a woman in arm wrestling
  • Wearing clothes that match those your SO's wearing
  • Watching The Real Housewives of ______
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on July 18, 2012, 11:40:46 AM
So, I've been trying to work out this whole "emasculation" thing. I obviously don't get it, and I never have. I'm not 100% sure that there's a way to defeminize a woman, so I don't think I ever will get it on my own. Ergo, I come to you guys.

• Being too thin/fat

What does it take for you to feel "emasculated"? CAN something make you feel less than a man?

My observation is that males who speak of emasculation are pretty insecure.  It has also never made much sense to me.  Personally I really enjoyed the years my wife earned more than me - which was a substantial part of the time.  It would be great if her income increased to become greater than mine again.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 18, 2012, 12:05:17 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 18, 2012, 12:03:03 PM

• Watching The Real Housewives of ______

*shudder*

Once upon a time, I was forced to view several episodes of that a day. Pretty dreadful - especially as there is very little to no eye candy to zone out to.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

So, I've been trying to work out this whole "emasculation" thing. I obviously don't get it, and I never have. I'm not 100% sure that there's a way to defeminize a woman,

Yes there is. Convincing someone that she is a bad mother.

What I said I wouldn't do in the circumcision thread; though, by saying why I would't do what I was sort of spilling the beans anyways.

so I don't think I ever will get it on my own. Ergo, I come to you guys.

• Being too thin/fat

It's the same as the converse with women. It's the feeling that one is not satisfactory as a man. It's not the earning less that is the issue it is the feeling of not be appreciated for the income that is given. It's about the mans self image and which parts of his self image he finds valuable and maintaining it.

I know this is the caveman in me talking, but nothing Cosmo ever writes about men is remotely true nor interesting.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Malthus

I'm pretty sure a box cutter could.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Drakken

Watching Glee tends to have this effect on me, so much that it makes me feel nauseous.  :shutup:

As for men being insecure, most if not all men are insecure. It's not because we aren't crybabies that we are robots, either. If we feel that our manhood is hurt, we'll suffer. But these usually happen when one man feels he is replacable, or because he feels he is not respected or considered up to the task.

Also, I can think of at least three ways to "defeminize" a woman - mostly by attacking her self-esteem or being a complete douchebag, though.

Grey Fox

Defemine you? Breast Cancer. Having a bigger Mustache than a man.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Malthus on July 18, 2012, 12:13:41 PM
I'm pretty sure a box cutter could.  :hmm:

I was going to mention that but didn't want to be so crass. :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

• Sitting in the passenger seat while a woman drives.  Men drive.  Women sit on the passenger side and touch up their makeup.  That's just the natural order of things.  Only exception here is if I'm drunk.
  • Relinquishing the remote control.  This used to bother me more, but the wife likes watching TV a lot more than I do, so I threw in the towel.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Drakken on July 18, 2012, 12:14:14 PM
Watching Glee tends to have this effect on me, so much that it makes me feel nauseous.  :shutup:

No shit.

QuoteAlso, I can think of at least three ways to "defeminize" a woman - mostly by attacking her self-esteem or being a complete douchebag, though.

Unfortunately for a lot of women that is the best way to get them to like you.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall