And we're back!

Main Menu

Gentlemen - What emasculates you?

Started by merithyn, July 18, 2012, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 09:01:12 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2012, 08:59:40 AM
But women will cut bait if her husband loses his job. So in the end alls well that ends well :lol:

:hmm:

I'd love to see some statistics on both of these, to be honest. It may just be interpretations of media hype rather than real facts.

Maybe it's just me - but in this thread you seem to be exhibiting thoughts that women are superior.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 19, 2012, 09:04:22 AM

Maybe it's just me - but in this thread you seem to be exhibiting thoughts that women are superior.

Hmm. I don't, in general, think they are. I think that they tend to be petty, spiteful, and passive-aggressive, and I much prefer the company of men.

But that doesn't mean that I think the over-emphasis by men (in general) to feel "manly" is a positive for the gender. That's probably coming through in the thread. I don't really understand it because I don't feel it. Seeing a man in a tutu doesn't make him any less of a man, to me, under the right circumstances. (Like having a teaparty with his daughter.) Watching a man be deferential to his mother because he trusts her judgment doesn't make him a girly-man. So, this idea that men hold others accountable to maintain their mancard seems... silly. And as I'm not a man, I don't really get the nuances of what makes one man more masculine than another to other guys.

That being said, women certainly do the same thing to one another, just in different ways. We tend to use procreation and parenting as our weapon of choice. So, I guess that's our gender role issue, as someone else already pointed out. It's no less silly - and can be very hurtful, too.

So I'm kind of getting why it's an issue for men. I just needed to come at the problem in the right direction - and with the right feedback - to understand. Thanks for helping me get there. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 19, 2012, 06:49:29 AM
When did you learn to drive?

If you were quite young, it's an habit more then anything.

Learning to drive late in your life means you are a customed to being driven around by other people & at some point that will mean your girlfriend.

Like every red-blooded American, I got my license at 16.  Mom started teaching me how to drive when I was 14.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 09:28:54 AM
Like every red-blooded American, I got my license at 16.

I know I did...but I didn't really learn how to drive until about 9 accidents later :blush:

It is better for the preservation of everybody involved that my wife drive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Learning to drive late in your life means you are a customed to being driven around by other people & at some point that will mean your girlfriend.

Like every red-blooded American, I got my license at 16.  Mom started teaching me how to drive when I was 14.

I have been driving for 25 years, only had license for 12......
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on July 19, 2012, 09:33:56 AM

Mexicans :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 09:38:05 AM
Quote from: katmai on July 19, 2012, 09:33:56 AM

Mexicans :rolleyes:
don't let him fool you. He sounds nothing like the speedy gonzales i expected :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

katmai

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

katmai

katmai

derspiess

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai