And we're back!

Main Menu

Walking Dead

Started by garbon, July 05, 2012, 06:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

I liked the gay couple quite a bit.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

[spoiler]Yes because gays are always kind to strangers. Too bad I saw them both die. Different note - Kenny was always such a pain the ass. :D[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

[spoiler]But genuinely sympathetic and extremely gifted at survival.[/spoiler]
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

[spoiler]I'm just not nearly as interested in this "season."  I love Clementine, but I'm not sure how completely realistic that an 11-12 year old girl would be the effective leader of a group and do all the essential tasks.  I'm also much less invested in the plot.  Maybe that's because I am playing the episodes one by one rather than binging, though.[/spoiler]

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on March 05, 2014, 12:12:32 PM
[spoiler]I'm just not nearly as interested in this "season."  I love Clementine, but I'm not sure how completely realistic that an 11-12 year old girl would be the effective leader of a group and do all the essential tasks.  I'm also much less invested in the plot.  Maybe that's because I am playing the episodes one by one rather than binging, though.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think that's you still holding on to negative feelings about episode 1. After all, while Clem is assisting (and clearly a bit more rational than some of the adults around her - see Nick), I think it would be a bit much to say she is the effective leader of the group and does all the essential tasks.

One other driver might be that we are now playing Clem rather than just seeing her react. There has to be some tension in giving the player options/not restricting us simply to child-like reactions which might account for her feeling more grown up now.

I still like the game but on the whole could care less about most of the new people. While I cared about the peoples in the initial two groups, don't quite have that with any of these new folks. Of course, on some level that mimics some of the alienation shown in the show where you have characters noting how people will inevitably keeping passing through their lives.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

[spoiler]I guess that might be me.  I tried to be as responsible as possible and attempt to build bridges at the lodge.  There are more childish dialog options.[/spoiler]

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on March 05, 2014, 12:52:28 PM
[spoiler]I guess that might be me.  I tried to be as responsible as possible and attempt to build bridges at the lodge.  There are more childish dialog options.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah I took Nick quite to task after the bridge incident but then at lodge was much more deceptive/conciliatory (so hid photo from Nick but then confessed to Walter). Well apart from the getting Alvin killed by my rotten emotional choice. -_-[/spoiler]

garbon

sbr

This is one game I am seriously considering paying full price for, but between having to wait for the episodes to release and my aversion to paying full price I have not yet.  I have come close a few times now though.

Queequeg

When is it out today?

garbon

Quote from: sbr on May 12, 2014, 09:11:31 PM
This is one game I am seriously considering paying full price for, but between having to wait for the episodes to release and my aversion to paying full price I have not yet.  I have come close a few times now though.

Well the full season 1 is out...though it looks pricier than I remember as initially it was available for $20 if you bought full season before all episodes were available.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2014, 12:12:53 PM

Well the full season 1 is out...though it looks pricier than I remember as initially it was available for $20 if you bought full season before all episodes were available.

Yeah I already finished Season 1, that's what makes me want to get Season 2 so bad.

Caliga

Same.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on May 13, 2014, 11:32:24 AM
When is it out today?

Supposedly already though it isn't showing for me.

edit: Nevermind. It was just in-game bit that didn't work (still announcing that Episode 2 is available :D).

garbon

[spoiler]Shit just keeps getting darker. Did like the addition of GI Jane though. :D[/spoiler]