News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Walking Dead

Started by garbon, July 05, 2012, 06:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

[spoiler]Side note, but does Clem really need to shout out hello every time she is alone? For a pretty world savvy kid, she does the dumbest things. -_-[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

[spoiler]I had some problems with it.  I don't think it's realistic for an 11 year old girl to be as completely competent at certain things-like stitching her own arm-and I don't think all of the new characters are well drawn.  The pregnant woman is terrible, and the stepfather-stepson relationship was a bit cliched and (spoiler) ended too quickly to be properly developed.  I think the game looks great, though.[/spoiler]
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I'd agree with all of those [spoiler]though the Clem one seems to be part of the issue I mentioned where they struggle to place her as her age when they need her to be rather mature in order to survive. I also couldn't help but be spiteful to the black woman as she was just dreadful.[/spoiler]
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

[spoiler]The bitchy mother seemed to skirt racial caricature, which is weird considering that they seem to have previously gone out of their way to to make great African American characters; this is maybe the only game series I know where the two main protagonists are both black.  [/spoiler]
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

[spoiler]Well to be fair, she didn't get a lot of screen time - so maybe they'll do better if they flesh out her history/motivations.[/spoiler]

Queequeg

[spoiler]It still has problems, though.  Why were they so afraid of an 11 year old girl, even if she had a bite?  You could have treated the wound with Clementine in an ad-hoc straightjacket.  It really would not have been that difficult.  Had they never seen Silence of the Lambs?  [/spoiler]

garbon

Quote from: Queequeg on January 02, 2014, 07:50:06 PM
[spoiler]It still has problems, though.  Why were they so afraid of an 11 year old girl, even if she had a bite?  You could have treated the wound with Clementine in an ad-hoc straightjacket.  It really would not have been that difficult.  Had they never seen Silence of the Lambs?  [/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think the other concern they expressed was about her being a spy for...Carver was it? I could see several years later trusting no one. Also, the stated reason for not treating her was that they didn't want to waste supplies. Seems fair enough given that there were at the least 2 years post the apocalypse.[/spoiler]

sbr

I just finished Season 1. 

I didn't shed any tears at the end, but there were more than a couple moments in the game that moved me.  I don't remember any other game that I had any similar emotional reaction to in the past.

Anyone have any opinions of the S1 DLC, 400 Days?

fhdz

I really *want* to like The Walking Dead. Just can't seem to get myself there, though.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: sbr on February 02, 2014, 12:52:58 AM
Anyone have any opinions of the S1 DLC, 400 Days?

Fairly short. Was a nice tide over till season 2 started up.

katmai

Ep 2 Season 2, out today.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: fhdz on March 01, 2014, 02:41:55 PM
I really *want* to like The Walking Dead. Just can't seem to get myself there, though.
I knew you were a horrible human being, but this?!?!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Queequeg

garbon

The black woman wasn't terrible.