News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox making a Cold War game

Started by Maladict, July 02, 2012, 09:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Meh.  I guess that the last Paradox game I bought was Rome, and it's going to remain the last Paradox game I bought.

Habbaku

Quote from: Josephus on July 03, 2012, 06:40:31 PM
How come nobody's talked about March of the Eagles, Pdox's other game in development?...or have we? :huh:

We have a little bit.  I am looking forward to it, but am still (rightly) skeptical about it despite the success of CK 2.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2012, 02:40:50 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2012, 02:29:09 PM
Hot Cold War games and movies were fun in the 80s. Now they're just masturbation.

Yes, I did in fact masturbate about Jennifer Grey and Lea Thompson having a lesbian affair in Spetnaz camo fucking each other with strap-on RPG warheads in 1985.  Who the hell didn't.

Admit it, Powers Boothe was in that fantasy somewhere too...  :P

Ideologue

How come nobody's talked about March of the Eagles, Pdox's other game in development?...or have we? :huh:

Rome 2: The Shittening, or EU4: Still Can't Simulate the Napoleonic Era?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on July 04, 2012, 12:33:41 AM

Rome 2: The Shittening, or EU4: Still Can't Simulate the Napoleonic Era?

It's an isolated Napoleonic-era-only game.  They can't fuck it up that badly, right?

Please?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on July 02, 2012, 11:35:52 AM

QuoteSoviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years... Labor and food riots in Poland. Soviet troops invade... Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop strength goals of 500,000. El Salvador and Honduras fall... Greens Party gains control of West German Parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear weapons from European soil... Mexico plunged into revolution... NATO dissolves. United States stands alone.
:lol: Nice reference, but if the Soviets were forced to invade Poland then they're not exactly doing well either. ;)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on July 03, 2012, 07:45:48 PM
Meh.  I guess that the last Paradox game I bought was Rome, and it's going to remain the last Paradox game I bought.
:huh: They've released their two best games ever since then, EU3* and CK2.

* Was EU3 before or after Rome? Certainly a few of its better expansions were.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 04, 2012, 12:27:26 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 02, 2012, 02:40:50 PM
Quote from: The Brain on July 02, 2012, 02:29:09 PM
Hot Cold War games and movies were fun in the 80s. Now they're just masturbation.

Yes, I did in fact masturbate about Jennifer Grey and Lea Thompson having a lesbian affair in Spetnaz camo fucking each other with strap-on RPG warheads in 1985.  Who the hell didn't.

Admit it, Powers Boothe was in that fantasy somewhere too...  :P

Of course; you wouldnt think I'd be Swayze, did ya?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 04, 2012, 01:21:13 AM

before. EU3  was the first game with the Clausewitz engine.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2012, 01:41:35 AM
I pegged you as Ponyboy.

Is there anything C Thomas Howell can't do? :wub:

Red Dawn AND Gettysburg? Soul Man AND The Hitcher? AND E.T.? :wub:

Josephus

It is funny. Wasn't that long ago I used to read every post in every thread on p'dox's forums on its game. I remember anxiously awaiting HOI and EU2. Now, I'm falling way behind. Just saw they had a game out I never heard of...Sengoku.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on July 04, 2012, 01:29:41 PM
It is funny. Wasn't that long ago I used to read every post in every thread on p'dox's forums on its game. I remember anxiously awaiting HOI and EU2. Now, I'm falling way behind. Just saw they had a game out I never heard of...Sengoku.

It's quite horrlollible.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 04, 2012, 02:23:00 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 04, 2012, 01:21:13 AM

before. EU3  was the first game with the Clausewitz engine.

Yeah.  EU3 was released in 2006.  Rome was either in very late 2007 or early 2008

Viking

Quote from: Fireblade on July 03, 2012, 06:25:34 AM
Is Peter Ebbesen still around? I want him to do a WC as Fiji.

I demand he do it with Monaco.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.