Obama to fire gay military officer. Martinus pops vein.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 08, 2009, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 09, 2009, 12:11:32 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 08, 2009, 11:46:59 PM
I only play politics when I cast my vote. I look to civilians like you and the government to tell me how to serve. "Don't ask, don't tell" is a federal law passed by Congress and signed by the President. Change should be delivered by those out of uniform without the guns, not Lieutenant Choi. Don't blame me or the military. Blame yourselves.

I know you didn't just say that once you put on that uniform, your responsibility was magically taken away? So much of the military's public face is pride, ethics, and a commitment to responsibility. Many of "us civilians" view the DADT laws as a source of national embarrassment because they strip those values from gay personnel. Not speaking for more than myself, but I see Lt. Choi's actions as commitment to those values, and outweighing your bleating the prejudice of your COs.
He is an Asian sub-human. They are drones who follow orders.

Maybe his father's work colleagues have a point when they mock him - after all, if he is anything like his son, he is a bleating idiot.

Syt

I see CdM is right when he says racism is alive and well in (new) Europe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

alfred russel

You guys are too hard on Phillip. All he is saying is that under current law, passed by congress and signed by the president, openly gay service members are discharged. He doesn't like the law, but as an officer sworn to uphold it, he can't override the constitution and nullify the law. The military nullifying constitutionally passed laws is a more dangerous precedent than DADT.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2009, 02:11:13 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2009, 02:09:02 AM
:ike:

I don't see what invokes that smiley.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2009, 02:17:14 AM

For responding to a pathetic troll.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 09, 2009, 02:11:56 AM
You guys are too hard on Phillip. All he is saying is that under current law, passed by congress and signed by the president, openly gay service members are discharged. He doesn't like the law, but as an officer sworn to uphold it, he can't override the constitution and nullify the law. The military nullifying constitutionally passed laws is a more dangerous precedent than DADT.
No, he isn't. He has a track record of being an anti-gay, homophobe. For example in a previous discussion about Dont Ask Dont Tell he said he is against repealing that policy because it would mean granting partner benefits to partners of gay soldiers, and that would take money away from heterosexual people like him.

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 09, 2009, 02:19:42 AM

For responding to a pathetic troll.
Not more pathetic than saying that for a gay person to live in a lie and deny the whole emotional/love/relationship side of their life is like taking off a turban.

Martinus

Go fuck yourself, Syt. My sexuality is constantly used against me in flame wars; people wish AIDS on me and whatnot. Yet I never see you jumping to my defense and denouncing homophobia prevalent in America or Europe.

This is Languish. We insult each other here. If you are going to be upset and turn your nose on that from your ivory tower, perhaps you should seek a different board to post on?

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2009, 02:25:25 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 09, 2009, 02:11:56 AM
No, he isn't. He has a track record of being an anti-gay, homophobe. For example in a previous discussion about Dont Ask Dont Tell he said he is against repealing that policy because it would mean granting partner benefits to partners of gay soldiers, and that would take money away from heterosexual people like him.

Okay, I thought he was against the law. I stand corrected.

You are still over the top on this.

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 09, 2009, 02:32:51 AM
You are still over the top on this.
Aaaaand?

I'm over the top on everything here.  Shrill hysterics are my shtick as much as garbo's jaded teen cynicism or Neil's low self esteem megalomania. :huh:

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2009, 02:30:00 AM
Go fuck yourself, Syt. My sexuality is constantly used against me in flame wars; people wish AIDS on me and whatnot. Yet I never see you jumping to my defense and denouncing homophobia prevalent in America or Europe.

Because you also use it as a weapon.

Marty, you are a xenophobe, racist, superficial consumerist twat. You cherish exclusivity, and a good lifestyle - why would you go back to Poland (where you lead an upper middleclass lifestyle) instead of going to London (where you would have been the average earner and "that Polish dude")? You can't bear to be average.

You use your sexuality as a status symbol, trying to outgay everyone else here and other gays I know. And it gives you access to a minority that makes you even more exclusive and - at least in Poland - a wonderful victim status that you pull whenever you can, making it hard to challenge you on your racist remarks. "I'm a poor, prosecuted gay, and everyone who hates gays SHOULD BURN IN HELL!!!1111" Fuck you, the poor gays are not on this board and you know it. Your gay problems are luxury problems.

If you really cared so much about gay rights I can't understand why you won't use your magic lawyer powers to fight the good fight instead of going into a frothing rage whenever you perceive something or soemone as anti-gay. You sure spend enough time to the cause on Languish. You, Marty, are the Hansmeister of gaydom, with the difference that Hansmeister is actually serving "his cause", i.e. his country, in a way he sees fit.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2009, 06:34:15 PM

I asked a question.  Can you answer a simple question, or can you not?

It isn't my job to educate you.  I just wanna know how many years of actual experience stood behind such a claim.  Just for curiousity's sake.

Actually isn't your job "educator"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2009, 02:38:49 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2009, 02:30:00 AM

Because you also use it as a weapon.

Marty, you are a xenophobe, racist, superficial consumerist twat. You cherish exclusivity, and a good lifestyle - why would you go back to Poland (where you lead an upper middleclass lifestyle) instead of going to London (where you would have been the average earner and "that Polish dude")? You can't bear to be average.

You use your sexuality as a status symbol, trying to outgay everyone else here and other gays I know. And it gives you access to a minority that makes you even more exclusive and - at least in Poland - a wonderful victim status that you pull whenever you can, making it hard to challenge you on your racist remarks. "I'm a poor, prosecuted gay, and everyone who hates gays SHOULD BURN IN HELL!!!1111" Fuck you, the poor gays are not on this board and you know it. Your gay problems are luxury problems.

If you really cared so much about gay rights I can't understand why you won't use your magic lawyer powers to fight the good fight instead of going into a frothing rage whenever you perceive something or soemone as anti-gay. You sure spend enough time to the cause on Languish. You, Marty, are the Hansmeister of gaydom, with the difference that Hansmeister is actually serving "his cause", i.e. his country, in a way he sees fit.
What you seem not to understand is that on Languish we use racism, homophobia, sexism etc. as weapons. It does not mean we are actually necessarily racist, homophobic or sexist (except maybe if you belong to a ponytail commando, in which case you think everyone is).