Obama to fire gay military officer. Martinus pops vein.

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 08, 2009, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: The Brain on May 09, 2009, 06:34:44 AM
Asian people ARE drones. Americans ARE fat and stupid. Non-Germanics HAVE greasy hair and are lazy. The truth isn't racist.

The truth shall set us free.  :uffda:

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2009, 03:52:57 PM
Quote from: Strix on May 09, 2009, 09:11:14 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2009, 02:30:00 AM
Go fuck yourself, Syt. My sexuality is constantly used against me in flame wars; people wish AIDS on me and whatnot. Yet I never see you jumping to my defense and denouncing homophobia prevalent in America or Europe.

This is Languish. We insult each other here. If you are going to be upset and turn your nose on that from your ivory tower, perhaps you should seek a different board to post on?

It's that not people are using your sexuality against you. They don't wish AIDS on you and what not because you're gay. They wish AIDS on you and what not because you're an asshole.
People ARE using my sexuality against me. Sure they do it because I'm an asshole but they do use my sexuality against me, in the same way I use Philip V's ethnicity against him, because he is an asshole, too.

Philip can't decide not to be asian.

And I certainly haven't seen any indication that he's an asshole.

METHINKS YOU DEJECT TOO MUCH.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

He's alright, but the fucker should play better at the Ryder Cup.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on May 10, 2009, 09:45:04 AM
I like Phil.  He's not an asshole at all.

I didn't think anyone disliked him.  He's seems a nice chap.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on May 10, 2009, 09:17:13 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2009, 02:38:49 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 09, 2009, 02:30:00 AM
Go fuck yourself, Syt. My sexuality is constantly used against me in flame wars; people wish AIDS on me and whatnot. Yet I never see you jumping to my defense and denouncing homophobia prevalent in America or Europe.

Because you also use it as a weapon.

Marty, you are a xenophobe, racist, superficial consumerist twat. You cherish exclusivity, and a good lifestyle - why would you go back to Poland (where you lead an upper middleclass lifestyle) instead of going to London (where you would have been the average earner and "that Polish dude")? You can't bear to be average.

You use your sexuality as a status symbol, trying to outgay everyone else here and other gays I know. And it gives you access to a minority that makes you even more exclusive and - at least in Poland - a wonderful victim status that you pull whenever you can, making it hard to challenge you on your racist remarks. "I'm a poor, prosecuted gay, and everyone who hates gays SHOULD BURN IN HELL!!!1111" Fuck you, the poor gays are not on this board and you know it. Your gay problems are luxury problems.

If you really cared so much about gay rights I can't understand why you won't use your magic lawyer powers to fight the good fight instead of going into a frothing rage whenever you perceive something or soemone as anti-gay. You sure spend enough time to the cause on Languish. You, Marty, are the Hansmeister of gaydom, with the difference that Hansmeister is actually serving "his cause", i.e. his country, in a way he sees fit.
What a magnificent post.

It brought a little tear to my eye...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

I want to have Sweetass's man babies. Then he can eat them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

In other news, the a national security advisor for Obama says he is unsure DADT will end--something I find amazing considering ending the policy has popular support plus comfortable majorities in both houses of congress and a supposedly agreeable white house.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/05/10/jones_unsure_if_dont_ask_dont_tell_will_be_repealed.html
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Faeelin

Well, three possible options:

1) Obama knows something everyone else doesn't, and it actually is unpopular with the American people.

2) While the Dems have comfortable majorities, the Dems themselves don't wanna push on it.

3) Obama simply has no desire to push on this issue.

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on May 11, 2009, 11:00:05 AM

I think it's this one.  He doesn't want to spend the political capital when he has higher priorities elsewhere.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Faeelin on May 11, 2009, 11:05:42 AM
Well, three possible options:

1) Obama knows something everyone else doesn't, and it actually is unpopular with the American people.

2) While the Dems have comfortable majorities, the Dems themselves don't wanna push on it.

My guess is that they feel repeal is like gun control. In polls it may look popular, but for democrats to push for it makes them easy to characterize as "sissies" or whatever you want to call the image the Republicans are trying to put on them. Sort of a combination of #1-3.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Faeelin

Quote from: alfred russel on May 11, 2009, 11:11:26 AM
My guess is that they feel repeal is like gun control. In polls it may look popular, but for democrats to push for it makes them easy to characterize as "sissies" or whatever you want to call the image the Republicans are trying to put on them. Sort of a combination of #1-3.

Of course, one wonders. More unpopular than talking with Chavez and closing Guantanamo?

I'd say it leans much more towards 3.

DontSayBanana

I think it's as simple as the sides are still too close. It would make sense from a legal standpoint, but with the amount still against, it wouldn't make sense from a political standpoint, especially for a guy whose political platform depends on the appearance of "bringing the country together." The polarization combined with the large, dissatisfied minority could potentially cripple Obama's future domestic efforts. So it gets put on the back burner until he gets infrastructure programs out of the way.
Experience bij!