News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State's Child Rape Cover Up

Started by jimmy olsen, July 01, 2012, 06:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Rasputin on July 13, 2012, 10:33:38 AM
that being said, i don't actually see a violation of the ncaa rules here or even where the ncaa would have any more jurisdiction than an alaska justice of the peace would have to sanction me for getting a parking ticket in miami.

You're not thinking creatively.  Check out 10.1 (unethical conduct) in particular, which is an inclusive list only, as well as 11.1 (honesty and sportsmanship) and 2.1 (institutional control responsibility).  Those are vague enough that the NCAA could do whatever they want.

Rasputin

Quote from: ulmont on July 13, 2012, 10:49:05 AM
that being said, i don't actually see a violation of the ncaa rules here or even where the ncaa would have any more jurisdiction than an alaska justice of the peace would have to sanction me for getting a parking ticket in miami.

You're not thinking creatively.  Check out 10.1 (unethical conduct) in particular, which is an inclusive list only, as well as 11.1 (honesty and sportsmanship) and 2.1 (institutional control responsibility).  Those are vague enough that the NCAA could do whatever they want.

bad facts make bad law
Who is John Galt?

FunkMonk

Quote from: grumbler on July 12, 2012, 11:29:03 AM
This is the most destructive and despicable case of lack of institutional control in the history of American college sports.  I think PSU needs to self-destruct the football program for three years, just to stay accredited and in the Big Ten.

And the JoPa statue has to go the way of Stalin's.

A Glorious Tribute To Joseph Paterno

This video may have been more relevant back when Paterno died but your picture reminded me of it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 13, 2012, 01:13:48 PM

This video may have been more relevant back when Paterno died but your picture reminded me of it.

WTF?

Also I wonder what that mourning footage is from.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: garbon on July 13, 2012, 01:20:06 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 13, 2012, 01:13:48 PM

WTF?

Also I wonder what that mourning footage is from.

Kim-Jong Il.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Rasputin on July 13, 2012, 12:05:13 PM
Quote from: ulmont on July 13, 2012, 10:49:05 AM

bad facts make bad law

Oh, hey, here's the NCAA back in November citing more or less those same provisions:
http://www.ncaa.com/content/ncaa-letter-penn-state

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2012, 02:59:18 AM
I agree. Unlike penalizing, say, corporations or churches, when you penalize schools, you are really penalizing students first and foremost, and not the teaching staff. Which is the height of idiocy, considering the students were the victims of these shenenigans.

Just to clarify Marty it would be the football team and program that would get penalized not the academic programs.  Well...besides the bizarre phenomenon of people's degrees becoming more impressive when the school's football team is good even though that makes no sense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

If the Football program gets penalized, maybe they(the B10) can restore Ohio State's traditional rivalry with Illinois. OHIO STATE SHOULD PLAY ILLINOIS EVERY YEAR, NOT PEDO STATE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 13, 2012, 04:50:29 PM
If the Football program gets penalized, maybe they(the B10) can restore Ohio State's traditional rivalry with Illinois. OHIO STATE SHOULD PLAY ILLINOIS EVERY YEAR, NOT PEDO STATE.
Is Illinois less good?  Surely the overwhelming priority for Ohio State is to play as many weak teams as possible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 13, 2012, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 13, 2012, 04:50:29 PM
Is Illinois less good?  Surely the overwhelming priority for Ohio State is to play as many weak teams as possible.

CORRECT.

sbr

Quote from: sbr on July 13, 2012, 04:00:01 AM
A trolling Canuck and a fucking Polack who doesn't even like Eurofag sports trying to discuss what might or might not happen to an American College football team?   :rolleyes:

No thanks, I'd rather slam my dick in the dishwasher door.

:lol:

This is a huge freaking issue of an epic scale for penn state as an institution both legally and morally

I agree, though when Marti is defending Neil's stance on the issue it is time to hit the EJECT button.

I hope the NCAA finds a way to lay the smackdown on PSU.  I am a fan of college football but a lot of these programs are getting out of hand.  From the kid falling out of the lift and dying at Notre Dame, to the Sweatervest's cover-up of OSU's problems to this scandal these coaches and programs seems believe they are above all laws; NCAA, state, federal and nature.  They have good reason to think that, but I would like to see it brought back down again.

Ed Anger

BEHEAD ALL THOSE WHO INSULT TRESSEL

sbr

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 13, 2012, 04:19:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2012, 02:59:18 AM
I agree. Unlike penalizing, say, corporations or churches, when you penalize schools, you are really penalizing students first and foremost, and not the teaching staff. Which is the height of idiocy, considering the students were the victims of these shenenigans.

Just to clarify Marty it would be the football team and program that would get penalized not the academic programs.  Well...besides the bizarre phenomenon of people's degrees becoming more impressive when the school's football team is good even though that makes no sense.

Ok.