Voter suppression and the myth of voter fraud

Started by Berkut, February 13, 2017, 07:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

You what's funny?  In a not-so-funny-way actually...  It's people voting for Trump.  In one of their arguments, from people who are not usually racists or total moron I mean, just the naive ones, is the claim they are tired of "those damn politicians always lying to us and Trump will change that".

of course, it was stupid to begin with.  But everyday, they look more & more like the idiots they truly are.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on February 13, 2017, 10:59:13 AM
You what's funny?  In a not-so-funny-way actually...  It's people voting for Trump.  In one of their arguments, from people who are not usually racists or total moron I mean, just the naive ones, is the claim they are tired of "those damn politicians always lying to us and Trump will change that".

What kills me is how, in any other aspect of their lives, people want competency--except when it comes to government.  Auto problems, you want a mechanic.  Dental work, you would really prefer someone who actually went to dental school.  Criminal court, would love if the attorney went to law school.

But government?  Meh, let's put people in charge that don't know the first thing about government.  How positively egalitarian.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

What kills me is how, in any other aspect of their lives, people want competency--except when it comes to government.  Auto problems, you want a mechanic.  Dental work, you would really prefer someone who actually went to dental school.  Criminal court, would love if the attorney went to law school.

But government?  Meh, let's put people in charge that don't know the first thing about government.  How positively egalitarian.

I think people will try increasingly radical solutions if previous, more moderate ones didn't work. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2017, 08:10:28 PM
I think people will try increasingly radical solutions if previous, more moderate ones didn't work.

Yeah, and your side of the planet knows how that shit plays out.

grumbler

Quote from: Monoriu on February 13, 2017, 08:10:28 PM

But the irony is that what the people suffered under was an eight-year-long nightmare of peace and prosperity.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 13, 2017, 01:18:31 PM

People have a general idea what mechanics and dentists do, but have no idea what politicians do beyond making promises they don't keep.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.