The fat years are over - Foie Gras banned in California as of 1st July.

Started by Syt, June 29, 2012, 03:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2012, 11:02:31 AM
Yay, food in a restaurant without a health inspection!

Right?

@GF - I can't think off the top of my head of any non-allowed foods or drinks that I'd like to have.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 11:12:34 AM
huh? like health inspections are unbribable :rolleyes:

So because there is some risk that a health inspector is corrupt - we should just give up on health inspections? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 11:16:34 AM

So because there is some risk that a health inspector is corrupt - we should just give up on health inspections? :huh:

not again, please....  :sleep:
if restaurant owner is known to have crap food he goes out of business  :secret:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

CountDeMoney

You know, most Gaming, Fish and Wildlife LEAs have tactical teams, too.  Would love to see snobs getting the MP5 treatment, down on their faces, getting zip-tied for illegal goose livers.  Fucking criminals.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 29, 2012, 09:17:11 AM
Do they use lamb on gyros? Cause otherwise I don't think I've ever had any.  :hmm:

Sometimes.  Traditionally, gyro's a blend of lamb, beef, and pork, but a lot of vendors get by with just beef/pork gyros.

As for lamb, the texture's somewhere between veal and pork loin, and it's very mild in comparison to other meats.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 11:16:34 AM

if restaurant owner is known to have crap food he goes out of business  :secret:

Evidence suggests otherwise.  Some of the biggest fast food chains have crap food.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 11:19:08 AM

You can have healthcode violations and still have tasty (albeit dirty) food.  After all we wouldn't need health inspectors if just by eating the food you could tell that everything was in tip top shape in the kitchen. :P

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

FunkMonk

You plebs need to hire food tasters. I volunteer myself for the job.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: Gups on June 29, 2012, 10:15:27 AMSince 80% of foie gras is consumed in France, I doubt Cali is really that big of a producer.

It's international news because it is a divisive issue. I can understand those who are against foie gras being very interested and pleased about this. I just don't understand why someone like Marti could possible care.

Because injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere. And this is a troublesome trend in the world.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 29, 2012, 11:37:05 AM
You plebs need to hire food tasters. I volunteer myself for the job.

I'll fry up some Spam for you. With MIRACLE WHIP.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Given Szmik's attitude, I wonder about that food I had in Gdansk a while back.  :(

I'm assuming he's a polack.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son