The fat years are over - Foie Gras banned in California as of 1st July.

Started by Syt, June 29, 2012, 03:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

szmik

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 29, 2012, 09:43:33 AM
Quote from: Gups on June 29, 2012, 09:38:24 AM
I can understand Californians who like foie gras or who dislike govt. interference in what they can and can't eat to be upset by this.

But why would anyone else give a toss?

Because they made money off selling foie gras to Californians.
Foie gras like a drug.... here comes black market. :)
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Ed Anger

Quote from: szmik on June 29, 2012, 10:39:59 AM
I can understand Californians who like foie gras or who dislike govt. interference in what they can and can't eat to be upset by this.

They'll just drive to Nevada or Oregon. No sweat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I guess so though I'd guess a lot of people who eat it - do so in restaurants...so a black market would really only work for people who serve it at home.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

First they come for the 32 oz sodas, then they come for the foie gras, and before you know it you can't find ice cream sundays with bacon toppings anymore.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 10:41:44 AM

I guess so though I'd guess a lot of people who eat it - do so in restaurants...so a black market would really only work for people who serve it at home.

Have you never been to a black market restaurant?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 29, 2012, 10:56:35 AM
Have you never been to a black market restaurant?

Why would I want to?

To partake in food and booze and other things currently outlawed by your local jurisdiction like all snobby people do.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Gups

Ed Anger

szmik

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 29, 2012, 11:02:31 AM
Yay, food in a restaurant without a health inspection!
huh? like health inspections are unbribable :rolleyes:
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2012, 09:15:14 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 29, 2012, 09:06:20 AM
Good.  The fact it makes you all upset is a nice bonus. :)

Agreed. :hug:

Amen.  Good for the geese.  You sick fuckers.  Go eat something else that gives you Mono-esque vanity boners.