News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Wasn't that recent star wars game with the ginger kid from shameless an rpg?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tyr on May 24, 2020, 05:55:01 PM
Wasn't that recent star wars game with the ginger kid from shameless an rpg?

That was more an action game, not really an RPG.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on May 20, 2020, 07:54:47 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2020, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 30, 2020, 09:28:01 AM
Any good threads on the redesign?  It's hard to find anything.

Key appear to be: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/upgraded-forum-feedback-thread.1387167

and in OT: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/this-is-hideous.1387170
Almost a month later, and it dawned on me that I'm not regularly checking the Paradox forums anymore.  Checked back in today, and yep, same unreadable shit.  I wonder how much traffic volume they lost to their forums.

They've now a legacy skin that fixes the most egregious issues with formatting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

This looks like silly fun: https://store.steampowered.com/app/674500/Total_Tank_Simulator/

QuoteDEPLOY YOUR FORCES AND GET PERSONAL
Play as a commander deciding your army configuration and tactical deployment on the field on massive battles. But also experience first line action instantly by taking control of individual units on the fly, from tanks or planes to snipers and more.

EVERY BATTLE IS UNIQUE.
From infantry to aircraft, super-secret projects or tanks, LOTS of tanks... there are over 200 different units at your disposal, seriously - check them out!
You won't run out of maps either. With more than 50 unique maps you will never know if your next battle is going to be deep in the Sahara Desert, in the green fields of Europe or in the snowy plains of Russian Taiga.

DESTROY EVERYTHING.
Large maps carefully crafted to fit infantry, motorized and airborne action that include deformable terrain and gradual destruction of buildings and landmarks. Shape your battlefield with never ending artillery fire! Blow up vehicles, bring down buildings, flatten forests... It's total physics-driven destruction.

CAMPAIGN MODE
Change WWII history! Choose a faction and take part in countless battles to decide the fate of Europe! You will engage in different missions through your campaign:
Deathmatch. Fight to the last man standing.
Kill VIP. Kill all the specified enemy units within a limited time
Protect VIP. Protect a specified group of ally units for a certain time.
Wave defense. Defend a map against waves of incoming enemies.

SANDBOX MODE
Do whatever you want, think of most ridiculous scenarios and recreate them in sandbox mode. The only thing limiting you here is your imagination... and CPU :)

SHADOW MODE
Face your worst enemy, the one that knows you best... yourself! A survival mode where you face your victorious armies from previous battles. How far you can get?

SECRET WEAPONS & SPECIAL TACTICS UNITS
We are not even sure you should be reading this... Do we have trained animals, nuclear bombs, paratrooper commandos, flying bombs, gliding tanks, time portals and more... don't be ridiculous! But check our wishlist campaign section...

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

Maladict

Bought it instantly :blush:
I think Red Alert is the last of the series I played.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Maladict on June 05, 2020, 04:01:19 PM
Bought it instantly :blush:
I think Red Alert is the last of the series I played.

I bought it too  :lol:

The "installation" cinematics are very cool. Sound Blaster  :lol:

Maladict

Forced myself to log off at 2.30 am, just like the old days  :lol:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Maladict on June 06, 2020, 07:18:26 AM
Forced myself to log off at 2.30 am, just like the old days  :lol:

Up till 1 am here  :D

Yeah this remaster ticks all the boxes. It's like I'm 11 years old again.

The soundtrack is alone worth the $20 imo.

Syt

I got C&C as part of a bundle in the 90s or early 00s. I couldn't get into it, but I was never much of an RTS player.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Is Tiberian Sun available remastered? I played a lot of Dune 2 but I never got into C&C or Red Alert other than Tiberian Sun.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Brain on June 06, 2020, 11:19:05 AM
Is Tiberian Sun available remastered? I played a lot of Dune 2 but I never got into C&C or Red Alert other than Tiberian Sun.

Unfortunately this is only the first C&C and Red Alert.  :(

This looks like a big hit for EA though, so hopefully we'll see a remaster of Tiberian Sun (and Red Alert 2) eventually