News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on April 27, 2020, 02:52:29 AM
M&B2 looks pretty positive so far.

Technically, it seems to be running mostly ok.  My initial (and admittedly very shallow) impression though is that it is mostly an updated/glossier MB:Warband.

The biggest adjustment for me so far, is that being so used to how the first-person combat/mechanics in Warband are...I've become a combat master (against the AI at least) in that game.  In MB:2, combat for me so far is just an exercise in frustration...it feels way more "arcadey" and faster-paced.  It may just be a case of debuffing, but in Warband I was a master of horse archery and horse-borne melee combat.  In MB2, I can almost never hit anyone with a sword from a horse, and they whack me good every time I come in for a swing.

And even infantry melee combat just feels like far much more of a wild/random click-fest...not the finesse I had developed in Warband.  But I'd also have to add that my impression of Bannerlord so far is that combat finesse is not even possible to achieve.

It looks pretty though.   

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on April 27, 2020, 02:52:29 AM
M&B2 looks pretty positive so far.

Yes it does. I am not going to get it until it comes out for real but so far it looks interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

New wargame to PC type port. Designer I think came from AGEOD, but the game looks very "wargame" like. Going to try it out.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1180900/Winter_War/
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

fromtia

Quote from: Berkut on April 28, 2020, 07:39:54 PM
New wargame to PC type port. Designer I think came from AGEOD, but the game looks very "wargame" like. Going to try it out.

Looks cool. I see the close combat series is up for sale on GOG.  :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmxHR_c4KxE
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on April 28, 2020, 07:39:54 PM

:)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Been playing Filament, a puzzle game where you basically draw lines to connect dots:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1137350/Filament/

I play it in small bursts and like it a lot. I'm still at the most basic level (connect all bright pillars, without touching the dark ones), and it's kinda doing my head in. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Meltdown on p'dox forums over forum design changes. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2020, 01:55:37 AM

New blood for Languish? :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

It also made me realise that I've spent more than half my life as a member of the Paradox forum and half my life as a member of Languish. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

How drastic a change can this be ...

*checks forums*

Whoa! :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2020, 03:55:03 AM
It also made me realise that I've spent more than half my life as a member of the Paradox forum and half my life as a member of Languish. -_-

Well, not half, but I guess my Paradox account turned 19 years old in January. :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on April 30, 2020, 05:18:55 AM

How drastic a change can this be ...

*checks forums*

Whoa! :lol:

I mean change is always tough but it does appear they made it a lot less functional for not many obvious benefits.

DGuller

WTF?  What an awful redesign.  I've noticed a trend in the last few years of regression when it comes to design trends on the Internet.  People just rush to copy the design choices of the latest hot shit, not thinking through whether others' choices suit their own objectives or audience, or considering the fact that today's Internet darlings may have become successful despite some awful choices they rushed through at inception rather than because of them.

DGuller

Any good threads on the redesign?  It's hard to find anything.